Corporate & Finance
As a recognized leader in representing middle-market companies in M&A and corporate finance, AGG’s attorneys have a nuanced understanding of both the challenges and hidden opportunities these deals offer. We leverage our relationships with investors, banks, and other financing sources to meet our middle-market clients’ needs, thereby helping drive their M&A transactions to a timely and successful conclusion.
AGG supports our clients’ in-house leadership and capabilities to anticipate and respond to opportunities and threats and comply with ever-growing complex regulatory requirements that businesses must meet. Our clients rely on us for expert counsel relating to all aspects of corporate and finance law, including asset acquisitions or dispositions, mergers, stock purchases or sales, and other forms of creatively structured deals. We handle transactions ranging from less than $5 million to more than $1 billion in total value.
- Represented the largest non-foods specialty distributor in the U.S. as buyer in a leveraged acquisition of majority control of a refrigerated trucking and brokerage business, including all related equity, debt, and restructuring issues.
- Represented a global ocean and air freight forwarder and logistics provider in connection with multiple acquisitions and the roll-up of various domestic competitors with an Asian footprint.
- Represented the industry leader in the food-service business, Sysco Corporation (NYSE: SYY), in its domestic mergers and acquisitions and corporate structuring matters.
- Represented franchisor, Rollins, Inc., in connection with its domestic sales program and its international expansion into China, Mexico, Costa Rica, Panama, Dominican Republic, Honduras, South Korea, Nigeria, United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain, Qatar, Lebanon, Turkey, Ireland, and Cyprus.
- Represented a leading provider of end-to-end solutions for healthcare data acquisition, auditing, and analytics in a recapitalization transaction with Elm Park Capital Management.
- Represented a public, global eBusiness in multiple incentives negotiations and bond-lease transactions in excess of $1 billion.
- Represented India-based technology company, NIIT (USA) Inc., in its $110 million sale of Element K, an e-learning company, to SkillSoft, and its related strategic partnership with SkillSoft.
- Assisted in the representation of specialty finance company, Peachtree Settlement Funding, in the merger of its affiliate with an affiliate of JG Wentworth to create the largest purchaser of structured settlement payment streams in the industry.
- Represented a specialty finance company in the first of its kind securitization transaction secured by life contingent structured settlements.
- Represented a joint venture of nonprofit Blue Cross/Blue Shield companies in the sale of subsidiary informatics and data analytics companies to a later-stage healthcare information technology company and to another Blue Cross affiliate.
- Represented a state pension fund in numerous private equity investments where the client’s investment was generally from $100 million to $1 billion.
- Represented a publicly traded pest control company in the $137 million acquisition of a national competitor.
- Over the course of nine years, represented a series of three Sprint PCS network partners with respect to their affiliation agreements with Sprint. Advised the clients with respect to all aspects of the contractual relationships and represented two of the affiliates in the ultimate sale of their businesses.
- Served as counsel to a public company in a sale by closed auction resulting in a $300 million cash merger transaction with Ecolab, Inc.
- Represented Gulf Coast Wireless Limited Partnership, a regional wireless telecommunications company, in the $287.5 million sale of its business to a national strategic partner.
- Represented a private investor in connection with an investment in and the subsequent $236 million sale of a medical products company to a public company.
- AGG Advises Mi-Tech Tungsten Metals, LLC, Through Government Approval Process Leading to Sale to Global Tungsten & Powders Corp, a U.S. Affiliate of the Plansee Group
- AGG Served as U.S. Counsel in Bora’s Landmark Acquisition Boosting Its Position as a Global Supply Chain Partner
- PE Rollups – Meeting the Challenge of Buying 30+ Companies in a Year
- LLI Management – AGG Handles New Cooperation Agreement, Leases for Resort Owner
- Nine-Facility Portfolio Acquired in $110 Million Deal
- Advanced Medical Pricing Solutions, Inc. – Tax Advice Results in Additional Cash for Selling Shareholders
- NIIT (USA) – New Education Program Trains Ontario, Canada Real Estate Brokers
- Belnick, Inc. – Recapitalization Helps Popular Online Retailer Continue on its Growth Path
- Sterling Restaurants, LLC – Acquisitions Double the Size of Franchise Company
- Healey Weatherholtz Properties – Equity Financing Negotiated in Award-Winning Turner Field Redevelopment
- Trio Healthcare Investors, LLC – AGG Moves Quickly to Help Executives Start Company in Multifaceted Deal
- Clearside Biomedical – FDA Regulatory Review Helps Company in its Successful IPO
- Development Authority of Fulton County – Financing Helps Global Payments Consolidate Headquarters, Expand
- Athlon Media Group – Leading Publisher’s Acquisition Enhances Offerings to Clients
- Hecate Energy LLC – AGG Helps Solar Project Developer Realize Maximum Tax Benefit
- DRB Capital -- Structured Settlement Receivables Successfully Acquired
- SunTrust Banks – AGG Helps Facilitate Loans to Private Equity Firms for M&A Deals
- iMedX – Private Equity-Backed Purchase a Milestone for Health Information Technology Company
- Development Authority of Fulton County – AGG Helps Drive Mercedes Headquarters Deal
- Synovus – Financing Issues Resolved for Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Colonial Pipeline Company - AGG Facilitates Complicated Deal
- Shaky Knees Fest, LLC – Sound Advice on National Events is Music to Promoter’s Ears
- InterContinental Hotels Group - AGG Hired to Negotiate Largest Office Lease Transaction in Atlanta Area for 2015
- L&O Holding GmbH - German Holding Company Acquires Manufacturer in U.S.
- Thorough Due Diligence Facilitates Investment Deal
- Beltline Energy - AGG Structures Deal Benefiting Developer and Community
- Theratechnologies - AGG Handles Pressing Assignments in a Timely and Cost-Effective Manner
- AGG’s “Business Sensible” Approach Successfully Guides Large Spanish Life Sciences Company Through High-Value Acquisition of US Pharmaceuticals Company
- Post Acute Partners - AGG Successfully Completes Complicated Acquisition for Healthcare Services Company
- Israeli Pharmaceutical Company - Public Listing Furthers Mission to Produce Highest Quality Life-saving Therapeutics
- Equinox Group - AGG Develops Attractive Deal Structure to Aid in Generation of Profits
- LakePoint Sporting Community & Town Center® - How Key Land Deals Set Stage for Mixed-Use Project
- Benteler - AGG Team Assists German Company with $900 Million Manufacturing Project in Louisiana
- Walton Communities - AGG Provides Legal Guidance in Financing; Leads to a Successful Closing
- SSC Equity Holdings, LLC - Landlord’s Demand for $13 Million Rent Hike Preliminarily Enjoined
- Fronius USA, LLC - AGG Negotiates $20 Million Incentive Package
- Rich Products - Working With Chinese Counsel on Regulations Key to $90 million Deal
- Horizon PCS, Gulf Coast Wireless, Swiftel - AGG Helps Close Three Alternate Financing Plans After Market Crash
- Biotechnology Start-up Company - Clearing Logjam at FDA Allows Product Review to Resume
- CFPB Weekly Newsletter: Helping Companies Stay Informed
- CryoLife, Inc. - Suit Dismissed After AGG Challenges Federal Court Jurisdiction
- CryoLife, Inc. - Use of Cutting Edge E-Discovery Helps Procure Advantageous Settlement
- Geo L. Smith, II Georgia World Congress Center Authority - AGG Successfully Assists in Providing New Location for the College Football Hall of Fame
- Horizon PCS - Building Legal Framework Critical to Wireless Expansion
- SunTrust Bank - Broad Range of Expertise Resolves Legal Complications in $32 Million Loan Deal
- Sysco Corporation - Weekend of Furious Transaction Work Makes Sysco the Biggest
- The Equinox Group, Inc. - AGG Aids in Developing Attractive Deal Structure
The lawyers of our Corporate & Finance practice are thought leaders in our respective fields and have been recognized nationally by Chambers USA, Best Lawyers, and Best Law Firms.
Corporate Counsel ranks our firm in the top 25% of short-listed law firms for serving large clients and for being a law firm that clients consider first for hiring in new assignments.
IFLR 1000 recognizes our firm and individual lawyers among the top financial and corporate law firms nationwide.
News & Insights
- EventsAGG Partners to Speak at GAHC 26th Annual Conference and Trade ShowMarch 30, 2023 | Speaking Engagements | Savannah, Georgia
- PublicationsI Wish I Knew What I Know Now: Conversations With AGG on FDA Issues2023 | Podcasts | Arnall Golden Gregory LLP
- EventsAGG Sponsoring ACIR’s “Diplomatic Dialogue: A Meeting With Urs Brönnimann, Consul General of Switzerland”March 29, 2023 | Conferences | Atlanta, Georgia
- Sherman A. Cohen
- Sean P. Fogarty