Commercial & Asset-Based Lending
We provide the specialized expertise required to help our clients with all aspects of secured lending. We’ve closed hundreds of transactions over the past decade, representing local, regional, and national banks; insurance companies; commercial finance companies; mezzanine lenders; and borrowers using business assets and cash flows as collateral.
We are active in the structuring, documenting, negotiating, and closing of complex private debt financing transactions underwritten on both an investment grade and leveraged basis. Our experience and industry relationships have allowed us to help clients close deals involving both syndicated and single-lender loans.
Over the years, we’ve gained extensive expertise in asset-based loans, cash-flow loans, M&A financings, special dividend financings, healthcare financings, hospitality lending, construction lending, revolving credit facilities, commercial mortgage-backed security (CMBS) lending and servicing, warehouse loan facilities, mezzanine loans, and loan sales. No matter the intricacies, if it’s a private debt financing transaction, we have the experience and the know-how to bring it to a successful close.
We team up with other groups at AGG for specific expertise relating to specialized transactions. For example, we work closely with the Healthcare team in connection with healthcare financing and the Corporate team in connection with acquisition financing. Together with our Litigation, Bankruptcy, and Workout teams, we handle all aspects of litigation associated with secured loan transactions. We also help our clients with out-of-court workouts and liquidations, and loss share arrangements with the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC).
Our attorneys have been recognized by Best Lawyers for their leadership in this area of the law. We often share our expertise through written thought leadership and presentations at business and industry conferences.
- Represented a Savannah, Georgia-based, private college in connection with a $130 million senior secured credit facility secured by, among other collateral, 50 or more separate parcels of real estate.
- Represented a large Atlanta-based skilled care nursing home owner and operator in connection with a $40 million senior secured credit facility, a $40 million senior real estate secured credit facility, and Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)-sponsored credit facilities.
- Represented an agent bank in connection with a $350 million syndicated credit facility to an NFL franchise.
- Represented a regional bank as lead agent in a $100 million syndicated loan to a medical device manufacturing and distribution company.
- Represented a national bank in connection with a $107 million line of credit secured by industrial warehouse facilities in Texas, California, and Arizona.
- Represented a regional bank in connection with a $30 million credit facility secured by 44 retail furniture stores across a multistate region.
- Represented a financial services company in connection with structuring a warehouse loan facility utilizing a titling trust in the amount of $100 million for the origination and sale of life settlement receivables.
- Represented a financial services company in connection with Section 144(A) private placement of fixed-rate asset-backed notes with respect to structured settlement receivables totaling more than $97 million.
- Represented a financial services company in connection with structuring over $250 million in warehouse loan securitizations of structured settlement receivables.
- Represented the agent bank in connection with an $85 million syndicated senior secured loan to an extended stay hotel company secured by a portfolio of 24 hotels.
- Represented a bank in connection with a warehouse loan facility to a specialty finance company for use to make SBA 504(b) loans for securitization in the new federal capital markets program.
- Represented a bank in connection with a $25 million loan to a medical device manufacturing company secured by patent licenses.
- Represented a national lender in connection with an A/B note restructure of a $175 million loan secured by an office building in Seattle.
- Represented CMBS lenders in connection with loans ranging from $1 million to $40 million, secured by office, retail, apartment, and hotel properties throughout the U.S.
- Represented a lender in connection with the workout of a $200 million CMBS loan secured by a trophy hotel in New York City.
- Represented Horizon PCS, a wireless carrier, in the simultaneous closing of a $125 million private equity investment, a $175 million high-yield bond deal, and a senior secured debt facility. This transaction funded Horizon’s business plan and permitted it to expand its network territory significantly.
- Advised a national leader in the cold-storage warehousing and logistics industry regarding its $500 million real estate mortgage investment conduit (REMIC) loan facilities, the purchase and sale of warehouse facilities, national customer contracts, and a recapitalization of its equity interests.
- Represented a life insurance company in various loans ranging in size from $2 million to $50 million, secured by office and retail properties in Georgia.
- Becker Ventures, LLC – Chicago’s Landmark Hard Rock Hotel Rebranded, Refinanced
- SMA, Ltd. – AGG Helps Real Estate Investor Solve Three Significant Challenges
- Sterling Restaurants, LLC – Acquisitions Double the Size of Franchise Company
- Trio Healthcare Investors, LLC – AGG Moves Quickly to Help Executives Start Company in Multifaceted Deal
- DRB Capital -- Structured Settlement Receivables Successfully Acquired
- SunTrust Banks – AGG Helps Facilitate Loans to Private Equity Firms for M&A Deals
- Synovus – Financing Issues Resolved for Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- L&O Holding GmbH - German Holding Company Acquires Manufacturer in U.S.
- Post Acute Partners - AGG Successfully Completes Complicated Acquisition for Healthcare Services Company
- Equinox Group - AGG Develops Attractive Deal Structure to Aid in Generation of Profits
- LakePoint Sporting Community & Town Center® - How Key Land Deals Set Stage for Mixed-Use Project
- National Center for Civil and Human Rights - AGG Real Estate Attorneys Execute Financing Strategy
- The Equinox Group, Inc. - AGG Aids in Developing Attractive Deal Structure
IFLR 1000 recognizes our firm and individual attorneys as leaders in Banking and Finance among top financial and corporate law firms nationwide.
News & Insights
- EventsPhil Skinner and Ted Woodward Speaking at 13th Annual IBA Real Estate Investments ConferenceApril 19 - 21, 2023 | Speaking Engagements
- NewsGraham Goldberg Joins ADL 2022-2023 Glass Leadership InstituteSeptember 27, 2022 | Rankings & Recognition | Anti-Defamation League
- NewsThree AGG Practices, Six Attorneys Recognized in 2022 IFLR1000: The Guide to the World’s Leading Financial and Corporate Law FirmsSeptember 26, 2022 | News Releases | Rankings & Recognition | Arnall Golden Gregory LLP
- Anisa I. Abdullahi
- Ronald A. Weiner