Our Private Equity attorneys represent companies interested in raising capital, as well as institutional and corporate private equity funds, in connection with their fundraising, governance, and investment activities. We also represent sponsors and investment managers, lead investors, family offices, and limited partners in the organization of investment vehicles and their related investments.
Our experience equips our attorneys with an understanding of industry trends and business realities that affect our clients. We also assist established and emerging private equity firms with the full range of their activities, including organization and fundraising, fund spin-outs and partner negotiations, due diligence investigations, and fiduciary and conflicts issues. While we routinely prepare and negotiate necessary documentation – including private placement memoranda, limited and general partnership agreements, and subscription materials – we also act as our client’s trusted business advisors that find holistic solutions to the issues affecting them.
We work closely with other experienced teams at AGG to provide advice to portfolio companies across all industry sectors. With a unique focus on healthcare, our Healthcare Private Equity team meets the specialized needs of private equity funds pursuing roll-up strategies within specific medical practices. We advise on more than 100 lower middle market transactions a year. Our integrated team approach leverages lean staffing and technology to deliver competitive pricing.
Because of the broad range of expertise our attorneys offer, we’re able to address all aspects of transactions, including tax, executive compensation, ERISA, labor, healthcare, intellectual property, and real estate law.
- Exit Transactions
- Initial Public Offerings
- Off-shore Investments
- Represented iMedX, Inc., a private equity-backed integrated medical document management and health information solutions company, in domestic and international transactions.
- Represented Turning Rock Partners in its preferred equity investment in Capital Square 1031.
- Represented a mid-market private equity firm in the acquisition of a medical device manufacturer.
- Advised Visionary Eye Partners, an eye care practice management company backed by Imperial Capital Group, Ltd., on numerous acquisitions of eye care practices throughout the U.S. in 2018.
- Represented Total ECP, an eye care practice management company backed by Imperial Capital Group, Ltd., on twenty-six eye care practice acquisitions completed since its launch in September 2017.
- Represented a private equity client in its acquisition of a leading national provider of business support services to 350 dental offices in 17 states. AGG’s team worked to deliver regulatory diligence and transaction regulatory support, as well as credit facility-driven post-transaction regulatory work.
- Advised a private equity client on its acquisition of a national operator of more than 100 outpatient physical therapy clinics with a strong presence in the Southeast. AGG’s role included healthcare regulatory diligence, regulatory input for the transaction documents, and interfacing with lender counsel and reps and warranties underwriters.
- Served as healthcare regulatory counsel on a private equity investor’s acquisition of a Southwest-based provider of outsourced third-party eligibility, revenue cycle management, and billing services for 300 hospitals in 33 states. Focus included compliance with Social Security disability advocacy requirements, permissibility under state law of percentage fees for billing, and the impact of the need to obtain new biller submitter IDs on the timing of closing and structure of the transaction.
- Advised a longstanding private equity client on all regulatory aspects of a consensual receivership with three different operating companies in eight states. AGG oversaw the transition of the facilities to new operators during the receivership. The affected facilities were in Wisconsin, Minnesota, Idaho, Oregon, Washington, West Virginia, Delaware, and Pennsylvania.
- Represented a private equity client in its acquisition of three ophthalmology medical practices and their associated ambulatory surgical centers.
- Represented a private equity client in its acquisition of three physical therapy clinics.
- Represented the general partner of a commercial office-focused real estate fund in formation, capital raising, and joint venture investments.
- Served as counsel for an institutional limited partner in distressed residential mortgage opportunity fund investment.
- Served as counsel to a nationally focused real estate developer in the syndication to physician-tenants of interests in a New Jersey-based medical office building.
- Served as counsel to the sponsor of a private equity fund in its formation and private placement of membership interests for an opportunity-focused real estate investment fund formed to invest in Atlanta-based office properties.
- Represented a specialty construction company in a sale to a private equity fund.
- Served as counsel to the sponsor of a private equity fund in its formation and private placement of membership interests for an opportunity-focused real estate investment fund formed to invest in office and retail properties.
- Represented a private equity fund in the sale of a boutique hotel located in Washington, D.C.
- Represented a private equity fund in the purchase of a national-branded hotel located in Baltimore, MD.
- Represented numerous developers/owners in the negotiation of equity investments and joint ventures for commercial development transactions.
- Represented Atlanta Property Group, LLC, in the formation of a real estate fund to acquire office buildings in metro Atlanta and in the acquisition and financing of office buildings for the fund.
Representing owners/promoters/developers in the structuring of entities with joint venture partners and fund/syndication investors for the acquisition and development of retail properties.
- Representing a residential real estate-focused institutional private equity fund.
- Represented a real estate fund formation of multiple “blind pool” funds and in the acquisition and disposition of portfolio assets comprising of acquisitions.
- AGG Serves as Counsel to Therapy Partner Solutions on Sale to Lee Equity Partners
- PE Rollups – Meeting the Challenge of Buying 30+ Companies in a Year
- Belnick, Inc. – Recapitalization Helps Popular Online Retailer Continue on its Growth Path
- Sterling Restaurants, LLC – Acquisitions Double the Size of Franchise Company
- Healey Weatherholtz Properties – Equity Financing Negotiated in Award-Winning Turner Field Redevelopment
- L&O Holding GmbH - German Holding Company Acquires Manufacturer in U.S.
- Equinox Group - AGG Develops Attractive Deal Structure to Aid in Generation of Profits
- LakePoint Sporting Community & Town Center® - How Key Land Deals Set Stage for Mixed-Use Project
- The Equinox Group, Inc. - AGG Aids in Developing Attractive Deal Structure
News & Insights
- NewsArnall Golden Gregory’s 2023 Partner Class Featured in Daily ReportMay 30, 2023 | In the News | The Daily Report
- PublicationsNew York Passes Law Targeting Healthcare TransactionsMay 11, 2023 | Alerts | Articles | Arnall Golden Gregory LLP
- NewsJeff Friedman Interviewed by Law360 Pulse on Appointment as Co-Chair of AGG's Private Equity PracticeApril 12, 2023 | In the News | Law360
- Jeff R. Friedman
- Matthew T. Harris