Jeff R. Friedman
Jeff is a partner in the Corporate & Finance practice, co-chair of the Private Equity practice, and co-chair of the Healthcare Private Equity team. Jeff focuses his practice on complex corporate and transactional matters, primarily on representing private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies in connection with private transactions, including leveraged buyouts, mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, financings, restructurings, distressed investing, minority investments, and general corporate matters.
Jeff frequently counsels clients on a variety of corporate governance and strategic matters with deep industry expertise in the healthcare and technology industries. Jeff specializes in forming, advising, and working with private equity-backed platforms focused on “roll-up” strategies to swiftly acquire and integrate large numbers of small businesses in a particular industry. Since joining AGG, Jeff has advised on hundreds of “roll-up” acquisitions on behalf of private equity-backed sponsors.
Jeff was recognized as a Volunteer of the Year by the Pro Bono Partnership of Atlanta, for whom he has handled an impressive number of projects since 2014. He helps numerous nonprofit organizations revise bylaws, draft board policies, and conduct legal audits of their websites.
Counsel to numerous venture capital and private equity-backed companies in mergers and acquisitions ranging in value from less than $10 million to over $500 million.
Counsel to various public and private technology companies in implementing acquisition strategies in different industries, including software, consumer products, manufacturing, transportation and logistics, staffing, and healthcare services.
- Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, Juris Doctor,cum laude
- Articles Editor, Cardozo Law Review
- University of Chicago, Bachelor of Arts - English Literature,with Honors
- State of Georgia
- State of New Jersey
- State of New York
- Best Lawyers in America®, Corporate Law, 2023
News & Insights
- NewsMatt Brohm and Jeff Friedman Quoted in PitchBook’s Q3 2022 Healthcare Services ReportNovember 14, 2022 | In the News | PitchBook
- NewsAGG Attorney Recognition in The Best Lawyers in America® Increases by More Than 50 Percent in 2023 EditionAugust 18, 2022 | Rankings & Recognition | Arnall Golden Gregory LLP
- NewsJeff Friedman and Matt Brohm Quoted in PitchBook Article “PitchBook Analyst Note: Established Private Healthcare Provider Plays”December 22, 2021 | In the News | PitchBook