Our Affordable Housing team represents clients on a national level. With our diverse experience and strategic relationships, our team is able to quickly identify issues and help resolve them efficiently. Our attorneys include a former senior official at United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), and those with former roles at other relevant government agencies.
We represent developers, tax credit equity investors, public housing authorities, and other players in a variety of housing and community development related matters. Clients rely on our experience with a variety of federal, state, and local programs that they utilize to finance housing projects. We have planned, structured, and helped close affordable housing transactions involving tens of thousands of residential units and billions of dollars in project costs.
- Federal and state low income housing tax credit (“LIHTC”), new markets tax credit, and historic rehabilitation tax credit (“HRTC”) equity financing;
- Bond programs (tax exempt bonds, 501(c)(3) bonds and essential function bonds) along with various forms of credit enhancements;
- FHA financing programs, including 221(d)(4), 221(d)(3), 223(f), and 236;
- Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac permanent financing programs;
- Debt and grants provided through local tax-increment financing (TIF) and Tax Allocation District (TAD) bonds;
- Public Housing programs, including HOPE VI Funds, Choice Communities Funds, Capital Funds and Replacement Housing Factor Funds;
- HUD’s Section 8 and Housing Choice Voucher rental assistance programs;
- Property Tax Exemptions, including Payment In Lieu of Taxes (PILOT) programs;
- Federal Home Loan Bank – Affordable Housing Program (AHP loans);
- Various USDA/RD programs, including Section 515 and 538 loans;
- HUD-related housing programs, including Section 202 and RAD;
- Community Development Block Grant (CDBG); Neighborhood Stabilization Program (NSP), HOME, and other governmental funding sources;
- Compliance with the Fair Housing Act, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, Uniform Relocation Act and Davis Bacon Act.
Our team members are active participants, speakers and leaders in prominent industry organizations and events, including: Novogradac & Company, Georgia Affordable Housing Coalition, Texas Affiliation of Affordable Housing Providers, ABA Forum on Affordable Housing & Community Development Law and Women’s Affordable Housing Network.