Our Private Wealth practice is designed to meet the complex wealth transfer needs of ultra-high net worth individuals and families. Because of this exclusive focus, we are able to bring a unique depth of experience to bear on the complex issues facing these clients. In addition to handling wills and estate administrations, we advise on all other aspects of estate planning. We utilize sophisticated strategies to accomplish large wealth transfers, including prior to initial public offerings and sales of closely held businesses. We advise on charitable giving, including the creation of family foundations, and assist international clients with their complex estate planning needs. While the details of our client relationships are confidential, our experience is deep and successful.
Our attorneys regularly lecture at professional conferences and have written extensively, with articles published in significant national publications, including Trusts & Estates, and Estate Planning. Three of our partners are the co-authors of the definitive treatise on estate planning and estate administration in Georgia. Our lawyers are widely recognized as leaders in our field.
Our group also includes other attorneys in the firm with experience important to our clients. We have expertise in many related issues, including securities law, venture capital transactions, partnership taxation, real estate law, and estate litigation. Our goal is to provide the highest quality service to our clients through optimal utilization of the resources available within the firm as a whole.
- Charitable Planning
- Closely Held & Family Businesses
- Estate Administration
- Estate Controversy Litigation
- Family Buy/Sell Agreements
Inclusion in the Best Lawyers in America for over fifteen years.
Ranked by Chambers USA as the preeminent firm in Georgia for Private Wealth law.
Recognized by Georgia Super Lawyers, Georgia’s Legal Elite, and Top 50 Female Lawyers.
Election as Fellows of the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel for twenty years.
News & Insights
- NewsKathryn Hecker and Felix Swierski Discuss Paying and Receiving Honorariums in Pro Bono Partnership of Atlanta PodcastJune 5, 2023 | In the News | Pro Bono Partnership of Atlanta
- NewsABA Standing Committee on Pro Bono and Public Service Names Kathryn Hecker as 2022 Pro Bono LeaderApril 17, 2023 | Rankings & Recognition | ABA Free Legal Answers
- EventsFelix Swierski and Tyson Willis Spoke at State Bar of Georgia ICLE Basic Fiduciary 101 ProgramMarch 31, 2023 | Speaking Engagements
Private Wealth Newsletter
The Private Wealth group at AGG produces a newsletter which includes current information to the private wealth industry as well as articles and announcements, all for the benefit and interest of our clients and other industry members.
- Bertram L. Levy
- Suzanne Tucker Plybon