Real Estate Private Equity
Our Real Estate Private Equity attorneys represent domestic and international clients in the structuring, formation, operation, and liquidation of private equity funds created for the purpose of acquiring real estate assets. We’ve served as counsel to real estate funds, real estate entrepreneurs and developers, blind pool real estate funds, real estate syndications, real estate development firms, real estate investment trusts, and state pension plan investors.
We are experienced legal counselors who provide timely and effective advice to clients regarding their concerns. Our lawyers are entrenched in the industry and can introduce our clients to equity partners, operating partners, and other valuable contacts and financial resources for growth opportunities. Our rich experience and knowledge of the legal and business environment in which real estate private equity funds operate allows us to identify and anticipate key issues, including those related to the organizational structure and economic terms of the fund offering and operations, investors’ investment issues, and methods to facilitate completion of the capital raising process. Our multi-disciplinary approach to real estate investment funds means that our clients benefit from the expertise of securities, real estate, tax, ERISA, and corporate lawyers with specific and extensive experience relevant to this industry.
We’ve been recognized for our work and our leadership in this field by Chambers USA and Best Lawyers in America.
- Portfolio AcquisitionsOur understanding of the rights, obligations and physical assets of all underlying entities enables us to effectively handle even the most complex acquisitions for our clients.
- Represented the general partner of a commercial office focused real estate fund in formation, capital raising and joint venture investments.
- Served as counsel for institutional limited partner in distressed residential mortgage opportunity fund investment.
- Served as counsel to a nationally focused real estate developer in the syndication to physician-tenants of interests in a Princeton, New Jersey based medical office building.
- Served as counsel to the sponsor of a private equity fund in its formation and private placement of membership interests for an opportunity focused real estate investment fund formed to invest in Atlanta based office properties.
- Represented a specialty construction company in sale to private equity fund.
- Served as counsel to the sponsor of a private equity fund in its formation and private placement of membership interests for an opportunity focused real estate investment fund formed to invest in office and retail properties.
- Represented a private equity fund in sale of boutique hotel located in Washington, DC.
- Represented a private equity fund in purchase of national-branded hotel located in Baltimore, Md.
- Represented numerous developers/owners in the negotiation of equity investments and joint ventures for commercial development transactions.
- Represented Atlanta Property Group, LLC in the formation of a real estate fund to acquire office buildings in Metropolitan Atlanta and in the acquisition and financing of office buildings for the fund.
- Representing owners/promoters/developers in the structuring of entities with joint venture partners and fund/syndication investors for the acquisition and the development of retail properties.
- Representing a residential real estate focused institutional private equity fund.
- Represented a real estate fund formation of multiple “blind pool” funds and in the acquisition and disposition of portfolio assets comprising of acquisitions.
News & Insights
- NewsAGG Continues Growth in Atlanta and D.C. Offices With Addition of Four Attorneys in Key Practice AreasMay 1, 2023 | News Releases | Arnall Golden Gregory LLP
- NewsJeff Friedman Interviewed by Law360 Pulse on Appointment as Co-Chair of AGG's Private Equity PracticeApril 12, 2023 | In the News | Law360
- NewsAGG Appoints Jeff Friedman as Co-Chair of Private Equity Practice Group Alongside Matt HarrisApril 11, 2023 | News Releases | Arnall Golden Gregory LLP
- Scott A. Fisher
- Matthew T. Harris