White Collar Crime
Our White Collar Crime defense attorneys provide a broad range of services associated with government enforcement agency investigations, internal investigations, criminal investigations, and trials. Our clients range from small local businesses to large public companies, as well as company directors and officers. Where formal investigations are initiated, or charges are brought, we vigorously fight to protect our clients’ interests, and we focus on achieving favorable outcomes quickly and efficiently.
- Represented a client in a 5-week federal trial that alleged he participated in a $600 million fraud scheme.
- Represented a Florida psychiatric hospital in parallel civil and criminal investigation by the Department of Justice related to alleged violations of the Anti-Kickback Statute, with no charges filed.
- Represented an owner and senior executive of a refrigeration hardware company in a criminal antitrust investigation alleging customer allocation in violation of the Sherman Act with no charges filed.
- Represented a large refrigeration warehouse company in EPA criminal investigation regarding ammonia releases at a refrigeration facility. The investigation closed with no charges filed or any adverse action taken by the government against the company.
- Represented a former AmLaw 100 lawyer charged with embezzling over $500,000 from firm clients.
- Represented the president of an herbal supplement/nutraceuticals company in a U.S. Attorney’s Office criminal investigation regarding potentially adulterated and misbranded nutraceuticals. Investigation closed with no charges filed.
- Represented a group of employees in a criminal antitrust investigation of auto parts suppliers being conducted by the Department of Justice and European Commission.
- Represented owner and president of a multi-location Georgia bank in an investigation by the U.S. Attorney’s Office, FDIC, and Federal Reserve related to certain loans and the use of brokered deposits. No charges were filed.
- Represented a former chief lending officer for a publicly traded Georgia bank in a criminal investigation by the U.S. Attorney’s Office related to potential bank fraud and insider trading.
- Represented a shipping manager of a peanut plant in an investigation by the U.S. Attorney’s Office and FDA related to a salmonella outbreak. The client was not charged.
- Represented the human resources manager at a Georgia poultry company in an investigation into the company’s alleged hiring of hundreds of workers without proper documentation. The client was not charged.
- Represented a large consumer information company in one of the nation’s first high-profile data breaches. In addition to representing the client before the Federal Trade Commission, we advised the client on consumer breach notification issues, congressional testimony, and enhancements to the client’s internal controls.
- Prepared voluntary disclosure to the Department of State Directorate of Defense Trade Controls regarding the client’s failure to lodge licenses properly, resulting in no penalty to the client.
News & Insights
- PublicationsAGG Talks: Antitrust and White-Collar Crime Roundup2023 | Podcasts | Arnall Golden Gregory LLP
- NewsJeff Jacobovitz Appeared on Gray TV to Discuss New York Indictment of Former President TrumpApril 5, 2023 | In the News
- NewsJeff Jacobovitz Quoted in Associated Press Article on Seditious Conspiracy Verdict Against Oath Keepers FounderNovember 30, 2022 | In the News | Associated Press
- Aaron M. Danzig