Russell A. Arouh
An active leader at AGG with more than 25 years of experience, Russ is a member of the firm’s Executive Committee and co-chair of the Industrial and Warehouse industry team. Russ’s work with commercial real estate developers and retailers is anything but routine. His strength in the commercial real estate industry allows clients to successfully partake in acquisitions, financing, development, leasing, and property disposition. With particular expertise in retail, big box, office, industrial and mixed-use development, as well as leasing, Russ’s clients engage in domestic and international projects. Clients hire him for his distinct ability to enhance legal counsel with solid foundational business practices. Russ often serves as a counselor and ‘sounding board’ for both entrepreneurs and institutional companies interested in practical advice that encompasses legal and business views.
Before joining the firm, Russ was counsel to a large retail property management company, where he negotiated leases and other transactional documents while overseeing various operational and property management issues, including landlord-tenant litigation. This on-the-ground experience makes him instrumental in developing smart real estate and leasing solutions.
Russ previously served in a number of leadership roles at AGG, including as chair of the firm’s Professional Development Committee, where he mentored and developed associates across class levels and practice groups as they progressed towards partnership, and he analyzed related compensation data. Russ also previously served as vice-chair of the Commercial Real Estate/Leasing practice group, co-chair of the Office industry team, and co-chair of the Mixed-Use Development team. For more than ten years, Russ was a member of the Paralegal Committee, including serving for many years as its co-chair.
- Representation of private healthcare/university system in multiple lease transactions, including ground leases of portions of an office and mixed-use park (a) to a National Basketball Association professional sports team; (b) to a large multi-family developer; and (c) for use as a musculoskeletal facility.
Industrial and Warehouse Transactions
- Representation of a national product supplier on a 1.2MM square foot warehouse lease in Lehigh, Pennsylvania, and a 1.5MM square foot warehouse lease in Gastonia, North Carolina.
- Representation of a warehouseman on the lease of 22 acres of land in Baltimore, Maryland, and a 500,000 square foot warehouse lease in Savannah, Georgia. The use is intended to include U.S. Customs and Border Patrol inspection areas.
- Representation of a national retailer on a 182,000 square foot warehouse lease in Newark, New Jersey, a 122,000 square foot warehouse lease in Pflugerville, Texas, and a 907,000 square foot distribution center lease in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Representation of a food distributor in the purchase of the assets of another food distributor, including the leases of four warehouse facilities.
- Representation of a warehouseman in the lease of 197,000 square feet of warehouse space in Kansas City, Missouri.
- Representation of light industrial developer and manufacturer in the acquisition of 23-acre site, including 400,000 square foot building, for its U.S. headquarters and manufacturing facility.
- Representation of developer in acquisition of multiple building industrial park and subsequent leasing activity in the Southeast.
- Representation of national food distribution company in various warehouse leases, including 550,000 square foot warehouse lease in Southeast U. S.
- Representation of real estate investment and development company in lease of approximately 12-acre industrial site in North Carolina.
- Representation of retailer in acquisition of inventory and supply warehouse across the United States.
- Representation of secure document management company in warehouse leases.
- Representation of national biomedical company in lease of industrial space for research, manufacturing, storage and distribution.
- Representation of national labor and employment law firm in negotiation of office leases, lease amendments and related documents, including SNDA agreements, construction agreements and letters of credit.
- Representation of developer in construction and leasing of office towers adjacent to retail development.
- Representation of real estate investment fund in leasing of office space in multiple office parks.
- Representation of payment processing company in relocation of its U.S. corporate headquarters, including negotiation of 130,000 square foot office lease.
- Representation of medical supply company in lease of office space.
- Representation of pediatrics office in relocation of its practice.
- Representation of physician’s office in sale/leaseback of four (4) buildings.
- Representation of national food distribution company in various office leases.
- Representation of retailer in acquisition of new corporate headquarters in the Southeast.
- Representation of national developer in development of 700,000 square foot power center, including negotiation of reciprocal easement agreement and various big box anchor leases.
- Representation of national developer with property management issues relating to regional mall ownership.
- Representation of regional retailer in connection with its expansion of operations across the Southeast.
- Representation of retail real estate investment and development company in acquisition and leasing of shopping center outparcels in the mid-Atlantic and Southwest regions.
- Representation of regional developer in acquisition, redevelopment, leasing and re-financing of neighborhood shopping centers in Georgia and Alabama, including negotiation of big box anchor leases and restaurant ground leases.
- Representation of fast-expanding national restaurant chain in negotiation of leases across the United States, including negotiation of lease for relocation of corporate headquarters.
- Representation of national developer in acquisition of land underlying power center development in Florida and negotiation of reciprocal easement agreement and various related documents.
- Representation of national retailer in negotiation of power center anchor leases in Southeast and mid-Atlantic regions.
- Representation of regional mall ownership in shopping center redevelopment and expansion in Minnesota, including negotiation of theater anchor lease.
- Representation of retail real estate investment and development company in acquisition of shopping center in South Carolina.
- Representation of national retailer in negotiation of big box leases in locations across the United States.
- Representation of various developers / landlords in negotiations of big box retail leases, including sporting goods stores, craft stores, fashion and department stores, office supply shows and pet supply stores.
- PE Rollups – Meeting the Challenge of Buying 30+ Companies in a Year
- Hudson Advisors -- Leading Real Estate Company Taps AGG for Office Leasing
- Emory University - Closing Complex Property Deals Benefits Client
- Emory University – Office Park Purchased at Key Site For Conversion to Mixed-Use With Medical, Sports Facilities
- L&O Holding GmbH - German Holding Company Acquires Manufacturer in U.S.
- Equinox Group - AGG Develops Attractive Deal Structure to Aid in Generation of Profits
- Fronius USA, LLC - AGG Negotiates $20 Million Incentive Package
- The Equinox Group, Inc. - AGG Aids in Developing Attractive Deal Structure
- Emory University School of Law, Juris Doctor
- University of Wisconsin-Madison, Bachelor of Arts
- State of Georgia – 1995
- International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
- American Bar Association
- Glenridge Close Homeowners Association (President, Board of Directors, 2011-2015; Vice President, Board of Directors, 2010)
- Leadership Sandy Springs, Class of 2009
- Best Lawyers in America®, Real Estate Law, 2022-23
News & Insights
- NewsAGG Attorney Recognition in The Best Lawyers in America® Increases by More Than 50 Percent in 2023 EditionAugust 18, 2022 | Rankings & Recognition | Arnall Golden Gregory LLP
- PublicationsRetail Tenants Are Pre-Negotiating Forced Closures in New Retail LeasesJune 6, 2022 | Articles | GlobeSt.com
- NewsRuss Arouh Discusses Commercial Build Out Delays with GlobeSt.comMay 11, 2022 | In the News | GlobeSt.com