Our Retail Leasing practice is nationally recognized as one of the largest and most visible practices of its kind in the legal industry. For over thirty years, AGG has been negotiating leasing transactions of all varieties for developers, retailers, restaurants and other service providers. Our tenant clients span across all industries, from food service to fitness to childcare; Our landlord clients range from the largest owner of retail property in the world to small family businesses buying and selling triple-net investments. Our retail lawyers frequently participate in and speak at prominent industry events, including the annual ICSC Law Conference where 1,700 of the nation’s retail leasing experts convene to explore various topics of interest and relevance. Because of our visibility, we have a network which often expedites negotiations and adds significant credibility to the clients’ transactional teams.
AGG’s retail leasing expertise includes focuses on the following:
- Big Box/Anchor Leasing. AGG has negotiated and continues to negotiate a significant number of big box/anchor leases on both landlord and tenant forms, including leases for newly constructed spaces as well as for second and third generation premises.
- In-Line Leasing. Because of our significant depth in our retail team, we are able to handle the multitude of deals often associated with leasing a brand’s portfolio or a shopping center’s in-line, non-anchor premises. Whether on the tenant or landlord’s form, our in-line leasing expertise allows us to produce the timely turnarounds which are required for satisfying a company’s development plan or a developer’s leasing thresholds.
- Restaurant Leasing. A core aspect of our Retail team, we represent some of the fastest growing, highest profiles restaurant brands in the country. However, equally relevant, our lawyers represent landlords in leasing to all different forms of food service companies, ranging from food court stalls in a mall to a 100,000 food hall in a major downtown development. We also have expertise in negotiating leases with local restaurant boutiques as well as with helping restaurant franchisees maximize their growth potential.
- Mixed-Use Leasing. Increasingly relevant in today’s “post Amazon” world, the sophistication of our Retail practice allows our lawyers to effectively negotiate mixed use retail leases, which requires knowledge of office leasing, ground-up development, management and operational issues and a host of other legal areas of expertise. Our team works collaboratively with both our clients and internal team members to ensure that all leases in a mixed-use project fit together as a perfect puzzle.
- Triple Net/Ground Leasing. Some of our largest clients specialize in the purchase, development and selling of triple-net ground leased parcels, while others focus on the leasing of ground leased parcels incorporated as part of a larger development. Similar to mixed use leasing, our leasing attorneys specializing in ground leases know that development, title and other skills need to be brought to the table to negotiate an effective document which achieves our clients’ needs, whether those needs be a successful, long-term business operation or a sale of the ground lease to an end-user in the investment market.