Zach D. Wilson
Zach is a partner in the Tax practice.
Zach focuses his practice on managing the federal income tax effects on partnerships, corporations, tax-exempt organizations, and individuals involved in tax planning related to domestic and international business transactions. He has extensive experience representing real estate private equity funds and real estate investment trusts (REITs) in connection with their formation, acquisitions, and divestitures.
Zach also counsels and advises on tax issues associated with nonqualified deferred compensation plans for both taxable and tax-exempt entities and executive incentive and equity-based compensation plans.
Represented a publicly traded REIT in a $1.125 billion acquisition and restructuring of a senior housing provider that operates 96 senior-living communities as well as pharmacies in the Midwest.
Represented a large regional health system in the corporate restructure of its operations from a Georgia Hospital Authority operated hospital to a restructured, tax exempt not for profit hospital.
Represented a large hospital system in the development of a regional urgent care joint venture arrangement, including tax strategy, corporate structure and regulatory analysis.
Represented a national subspecialty services provider and management company in its corporate reorganization and national development.
Represented a public healthcare REIT in connection with its acquisition of a $310 million portfolio of continuing care retirement communities in a RIDEA transaction.
Represented a public healthcare REIT in connection with its acquisition of a $455 million portfolio of assets in the United Kingdom.
Represented a real estate private equity fund in multiple joint ventures in the hospitality sector.
Represented tax exempt hospital in connection with its acquisition of a physician practice group including advising regarding the application of intermediate sanctions to the officers and directors of the hospital.
- PE Rollups – Meeting the Challenge of Buying 30+ Companies in a Year
- Zero Mile Presents – Music Venue Deal Sounds Sweet for Georgia’s Booming Entertainment Business
- Century Restaurants, Inc. – Reorganization, refinancing strengthen large franchisee
- Advanced Medical Pricing Solutions, Inc. – Tax Advice Results in Additional Cash for Selling Shareholders
- Healey Weatherholtz Properties – Equity Financing Negotiated in Award-Winning Turner Field Redevelopment
- Outcomes Health Information Solutions, LLC: Company Sale Done Quickly, Avoiding Disruption
- LakePoint Sporting Community & Town Center® - How Key Land Deals Set Stage for Mixed-Use Project
- SunTrust Bank - Broad Range of Expertise Resolves Legal Complications in $32 Million Loan Deal
- New York University School of Law, LLM in Taxation
- Emory University School of Law, Juris Doctor,with High Honors
- Order of the Coif
- Notes and Comments Editor, Emory Bankruptcy Developments Journal
- University of Georgia, Bachelor of Arts,magna cum laude
- State of Georgia
News & Insights
- PublicationsIRS Issues Third Warning on Employee Retention Credit ClaimsMarch 7, 2023 | Alerts | Articles | Arnall Golden Gregory LLP
- PublicationsIRS Labels Syndicated Conservation Easements as “Listed Transactions,” Adds Disclosure RequirementsJanuary 19, 2017 | Alerts | Arnall Golden Gregory LLP