Daniel J. Bradfield
Dan is a partner and co-chair of the Real Estate practice group. He is also a member of the Affordable Housing, Industrial & Warehouse, Office, and Retail industry teams. With a nationwide practice, Dan assists developers, landlords, and tenants with the investment and development of major commercial real estate projects. Clients appreciate Dan’s responsive style and comprehensive legal knowledge. He handles acquisitions, dispositions, development, financing, and leasing of commercial real estate deals spanning multi-family, office, hotel, retail, industrial, and mixed-use properties. Many of these projects include affordable housing and community development components.
Dan is well-versed in creating joint venture organizational structures in real estate development. He also drafts and negotiates joint venture partnership agreements and complex financing arrangements. When working with his clients, Dan provides realistic business advice, drawing upon his background as an operations manager for Bank of America and a facilities manager of a circuit board manufacturer. This practical approach is particularly helpful for clients who seek legal counsel surrounding the operation and financing of commercial real estate projects. To round out his practice, Dan has considerable experience drafting and negotiating construction contracts for projects of all sizes.
Prior to becoming a lawyer, Dan served as a Special Operations Officer (Diver) in the United States Navy, specializing in undersea mine warfare.
Representation of Costco Wholesale Corporation in the acquisition, development or expansion of over a dozen store sites in Georgia, Florida, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Virginia including drafting and negotiating complex reciprocal easement agreements and site development agreements.
Representation of a private development company in the acquisition, financing, development, and joint ventures for several mixed-use developments in the southeastern United States and Texas.
Representation of Global Asset Alternatives in the acquisition and financing of several multifamily complexes in Georgia, Florida and Louisiana including drafting, structuring and negotiation of joint ventures with equity sources and the negotiation of financing instruments with a variety of lenders.
Representation of a private equity fund in the acquisition of an office park in Georgia consisting of 7 buildings and 60 tenants.
Representation of multi-state family owned business in the acquisition of a $3.5 million self-storage facility.
Representation of JAS Forwarding Worldwide in the acquisition, financing and construction of its international headquarters in Sandy Springs, Georgia.
Representation of Atlanta Property Group in the acquisition of several office building projects in the Atlanta, Georgia metropolitan area.
Representation of purchaser of $5 million hotel site and corresponding negotiations with tax-exempt bond lender, franchisor and joint venture partners.
Representation of a manufacturing company in the acquisition and tax-exempt bond financing of its $8 million headquarters location in a covenant restricted industrial park.
Achieved a complex merger of two long-standing non-profits that involved multimillion-dollar combined operations. The team resolved a myriad of legal issues, including corporate, real estate, environmental, and tax filing matters.
Representation of a private investment fund in the acquisition, financing and leasing of several grocery or big-box anchored shopping centers in the Atlanta, Georgia metropolitan area.
Representation of borrower in the refinancing of $8 million in loans on multiple franchisee hotel properties involving complicated negotiations with lender, franchisor and joint venture partner.
- Georgia State University College of Law, Juris Doctor,cum laude
- Moot Court Honors Program
- Norwich University, Bachelor of Arts
- State of Georgia – 2004
- Supreme Court of Georgia – 2004
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia – 2004
- American Bar Association
- Atlanta Commercial Board of Realtors, Forms Committee, Counsel
- Peachtree City First Presbyterian Church, Board Member, 2005-07
- International Council of Shopping Centers, Member
- Served as counsel to the Atlanta Board of Commercial Realtors Forms Committee from 2007-12. This committee drafts and publishes various transactional forms, including purchase agreements, lease, commission agreements, and listing agreements for use by its members in Georgia.
- Best Lawyers in America®, Real Estate Law, 2023
- “Rising Star,” Georgia Super Lawyers, 2011-12, 2014
News & Insights
- NewsAGG Attorney Recognition in The Best Lawyers in America® Increases by More Than 50 Percent in 2023 EditionAugust 18, 2022 | Rankings & Recognition | Arnall Golden Gregory LLP
- PublicationsStandard is Not Always Fair − Six Questions Owners Should Answer Before Entering a Construction ContractAugust 19, 2016 | Alerts | Arnall Golden Gregory LLP