Andrew D. Siegel
Andy, a partner in the Real Estate practice, has a particular focus on multifamily properties and mixed-use projects. He is a member of the Housing, Retail, and Industrial & Warehouse industry teams. He is known in the real estate industry for his legal work in connection with acquisitions, development, financing, and leasing. He also handles the structuring and closing of commercial real estate transactions of all kinds. He represents developers, owners, investors, lenders (conventional and mezzanine), purchasers, and sellers of commercial property.
Andy’s clients have impressive portfolios of multifamily properties, retail properties, shopping centers, regional malls, mixed-use projects, office buildings, raw land, hotels, industrial/warehouses, and affordable housing properties. With well-rounded real estate industry experience, he also represents developers and investors in the formation and structuring of partnerships and limited liability companies. He is a skilled negotiator who prepares and reviews acquisition, loan, development, and mixed-use project documentation. Most specifically, Andy serves as national, outside real estate counsel for a Fortune 100 company. Since 2005, he has led the way on all of the legal strategy for this client’s acquisitions, developments, dispositions, leases, and related real estate matters.
Represented a publically traded REIT in connection with the acquisition and financing of 8 grocery-anchored shopping centers located across Georgia, Florida, Texas and North Carolina for an aggregate purchase price of approximately $210,000,000.
Representing a Fortune 100 national food distribution company as outside North American real estate counsel with regard to all acquisitions, developments, leases and dispositions of real estate in the United States and Canada.
National representation of developers, owners and lenders (conventional and mezzanine) in connection with the structuring, acquisition, development, financing and disposition of multi-family projects consisting of over 80,000 units in the aggregate.
Representing owners and investors in connection with the syndication, financing, acquisition, leasing and disposition of neighborhood shopping centers and mixed-used developments.
Represented owner/developer, Prestwick Development Company, in transactions involving financing of the acquisition and rehabilitation of rural multifamily housing properties and the transfer and assumption of RD 515 loans from the U.S. Department of Agriculture.
Represented developer/owner of mixed-use urban redevelopment project of over 80 acres in obtaining approximately $80 Million of NMTC- subsidized financing for multiple phases of the development, including approximately 900,000 square feet of office space. The transactions involved 11 different CDE lenders and acquisitions of participations in existing leverage loans to 11 different NMTC investment funds.
Represented borrowers and guarantors in connection with a loan workout and modification of an $18.8 million loan secured by three office buildings.
Represented developer/landlord Crescent Resources in development of 500,000 square foot (approximately) high-rise office building complex.
- Equinox Group - AGG Develops Attractive Deal Structure to Aid in Generation of Profits
- LakePoint Sporting Community & Town Center® - How Key Land Deals Set Stage for Mixed-Use Project
- Walton Communities - AGG Provides Legal Guidance in Financing; Leads to a Successful Closing
- The Equinox Group, Inc. - AGG Aids in Developing Attractive Deal Structure
- Georgia State University College of Law, Juris Doctor,magna cum laude
- Michigan State University, Bachelor of Arts,cum laude
- State of Georgia – 1999
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Georgia, Section of Real Property Law, Legal Opinion Revision Committee, 2008-09
- International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
- NAIOP – The Association for Commercial Real Estate
- Twin Lakes Camp Dance, Host Committee, 2009
- Best Lawyers in America®, Real Estate Law, 2021-23
- “Rising Star,” Georgia Super Lawyers, 2007, 2009
News & Insights
- NewsAGG Attorney Recognition in The Best Lawyers in America® Increases by More Than 50 Percent in 2023 EditionAugust 18, 2022 | Rankings & Recognition | Arnall Golden Gregory LLP
- NewsArnall Golden Gregory Attorneys Recognized in 2022 Best Lawyers in America GuidesAugust 19, 2021 | News Releases | Rankings & Recognition | Arnall Golden Gregory LLP
- NewsArnall Golden Gregory Attorneys Recognized in 2021 Best Lawyers in America GuidesAugust 20, 2020 | News Releases | Rankings & Recognition | Arnall Golden Gregory LLP