Tyson D. Willis
Tyson is a senior associate in the Private Wealth practice. He helps individuals and their families craft and implement sophisticated wealth transfer planning strategies. He works with clients on estate and gift tax planning, charitable giving, family business succession planning, and estate administration.
While earning his Juris Doctor at Harvard Law School, Tyson worked as a teaching fellow in the Harvard College economics department. He was also a semi-finalist in the ABA Law Student Tax Challenge, where his team received the award for Best Written Submission. Tyson was a prosecutor before attending New York University Law School’s Graduate Tax Program as an M. Carr Ferguson Scholar. While attending NYU, he worked as a research assistant to Professor Noël Cunningham in preparing the fifth edition of The Logic of Subchapter K.
- New York University, Master of Laws - Taxation
- Harvard Law School, Juris Doctor
- Best Written Submission, ABA Law Student Tax Challenge
- Subcite Editor, Harvard Journal of Law and Public Policy
- Brigham Young University, Bachelor of Science - Mathematics,summa cum laude
- State of Georgia
- Member, Atlanta Estate Planning Council
- Best Lawyers in America®: Ones To Watch, Trusts and Estates, 2023
News & Insights
- NewsAGG Attorney Recognition in The Best Lawyers in America® Increases by More Than 50 Percent in 2023 EditionAugust 18, 2022 | Rankings & Recognition | Arnall Golden Gregory LLP
- EventsKathryn Hecker and Tyson Willis Speaking at State Bar of Georgia ICLE Estate Planning SeminarMarch 4, 2022 | Speaking Engagements | Atlanta, Georgia
- PublicationsUpdate on Potential Tax ChangesDecember 20, 2021 | Alerts | Arnall Golden Gregory LLP