Marissa J. Coleman
Marissa is a partner in the Real Estate practice.
She advises investors, developers, and financial institutions on all aspects of commercial real estate transactions. Her focus includes financings, acquisitions, dispositions, development, and joint venture negotiations related to the development of assets across the U.S. in the housing, office, warehouse, and retail industries.
Marissa also has experience working in New York representing commercial real estate mortgage lenders. In her spare time, Marissa has taken on pro bono services including negotiating commercial space leases for non-profit organizations and creating template forms for future use.
Represented private developer in the acquisition, financing and joint venture negotiations of affordable housing projects financed with conventional and government-based debt financing, and federal, state and local subsidies, and other tax credits.
Counsel both landlords and tenants regarding office and industrial leasing matters, including the negotiation of leases, amendments and extensions.
Advised on the construction financing of an office tower in New York which was subject to ground leases, PILOT agreements, a condominium declaration and interconnectivity with neighboring structures.
Negotiated real estate components of corporate financings, mergers and acquisitions, and other related transactions.
- Columbia Law School, Juris Doctor
- Spelman College, Bachelor of Arts,summa cum laude
- Phi Beta Kappa
- State of Georgia – 2017
- State of New York – 2014
- Atlanta – Women’s Affordable Housing Network, Board of Directors
- Urban Land Institute – Atlanta, Center for Leadership, Class of 2022
- HouseProud Atlanta, Board of Directors, 2019-21
- Spelman College “Sister 2 Sister” Program, Mentor
- Real Estate Associate Program (Project REAP)
News & Insights
- EventsAGG Hosts Art Show Featuring Abstract Artist K.Ross in Honor of Black History MonthFebruary 23, 2023 | AGG Seminars & Webinars | Atlanta, Georgia
- NewsAGG Announces Largest Partner Class in Firm HistoryJanuary 1, 2023 | News Releases | Arnall Golden Gregory LLP
- NewsMarissa Coleman Appointed to Atlanta Women’s Affordable Housing Network Board of DirectorsJuly 25, 2022 | In the News | Rankings & Recognition | Atlanta Women’s Affordable Housing Network