Kevin B. Getzendanner
Kevin is a partner in the Litigation & Dispute Resolution practice.
Kevin focuses his practice on complex litigation matters in state and federal courts involving substantive legal issues like antitrust, business torts, trademarks, trade secrets, unfair competition, securities fraud, corporate governance, real estate, and partnership law. He has successfully defended corporations in class action lawsuits in state and federal courts. He has particular experience litigating emergency matters, having successfully obtained or opposed temporary and preliminary injunctions. Kevin is experienced in the use of alternative dispute mechanisms including mediation, arbitration, and mini-trials.
- Alternative Dispute Resolution, Mediation, & Arbitration
- Complex Business Disputes
- Copyright Prosecution & Counseling
- Distressed Assets & Workouts
- Government Investigations
- Intellectual Property Counseling
International arbitration counsel for Chinese-owned business entities in complex international ownership, intellectual property and unfair competition dispute. Prepared for hearing under expedited scheduling procedure, and conducted week-long arbitration hearing under JAMS Arbitration Rules and Procedures, including preparation of direct and cross-examination of Chinese-language witnesses and principals.
Represented pharmacy health information provider in successfully defeating emergency TRO proceedings brought by competitor in federal court for alleged trade secret misappropriation, which result was followed by prompt dismissal of all claims in suit.
Represented multidisciplinary Chinese design firm in US-based litigation involving alleged breach of fiduciary duty by a principal equity owner.
Represented Chinese manufacturer in arbitration proceedings before the ICDR and parallel state court litigation in US involving termination of its exclusive North American distributor and recovery of intellectual property. Obtained injunction in arbitration restraining former distributor’s further use of trademarks.
Represented German medical products manufacturer in US litigation against joint venture partner for recovery of funds and breach of joint venture agreement in connection with venture for the development of a blood testing device.
Represented US-based research and development subsidiary of well-known Japanese manufacturer in US litigation against senior executive and engineers for misappropriation of trade secrets related to fiber-optic telecommunications technology.
Represented US operating subsidiaries of Japanese manufacturer of mobile telephone handsets in multiple US class action litigations alleging that mobile phones cause brain cancer.
Represented Chinese manufacturer of personal computer components in US litigation with its exclusive North American distributor over control of manufacturer’s trademarks and US distribution rights.
Represented Taiwanese manufacturer of industrial gauages and valves in defense of US antitrust litigation.
Represented Austrian manufacturer in US litigation against a senior executive seeking relief for misappropriation of trade secrets and breach of contract associated with US division’s research and development facility.
Represented Japanese designer and manufacturer of equipment used in the manufacture of clear plastic food wrap in defense of US product liability litigation.
Represented US sales subsidiary of well-known Japanese office automation manufacturer in various litigation matters in US.
- Helga Glock – AGG Convinces 11th Circuit to Establish New Law in Discovery Related to Cross-Border Litigation
- Hamilton State Bank - Brings Suit Against Borrower Entity and Individual Guarantors to Collect Note in Default
- SSC Equity Holdings, LLC - Landlord’s Demand for $13 Million Rent Hike Preliminarily Enjoined
- Ningbo Hailun Musical Instruments Co. Ltd. - Dispute Creates Crisis in North American Market, AGG Succeeds in Obtaining Injunctive Relief in International Arbitration Forum
- Merrill Lynch & Co. - AGG Exposes Deficiencies of Trustee Seeking $500 Million
- Vanderbilt University Law School, Juris Doctor
- Member, National Moot Court Team
- First Place Award, Brief Writing, National Moot Court Competition
- Emory University, Bachelor of Arts - Economics
- Omicron Delta Kappa
- State of Georgia – 1979
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Georgia – 2003
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit – 2003
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit – 1981
- Georgia Court of Appeals – 1980
- Supreme Court of Georgia – 1980
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia – 1980
- Superior Courts of Georgia
- American Bar Association, Section of Litigation
- Atlanta Bar Association
- Lamar Inn of Court, Executive Committee
- Georgia Super Lawyers, 2004-22
- Best Lawyers in America®, Commercial Litigation, 2010-23
- American Lawyer Media/Martindale-Hubbell®, Top Rated Lawyers in Technology Law, 2013
News & Insights
- NewsAGG Attorney Recognition in The Best Lawyers in America® Increases by More Than 50 Percent in 2023 EditionAugust 18, 2022 | Rankings & Recognition | Arnall Golden Gregory LLP
- NewsArnall Golden Gregory Attorneys Recognized in 2022 Best Lawyers in America GuidesAugust 19, 2021 | News Releases | Rankings & Recognition | Arnall Golden Gregory LLP
- NewsArnall Golden Gregory Attorneys Recognized in 2021 Best Lawyers in America GuidesAugust 20, 2020 | News Releases | Rankings & Recognition | Arnall Golden Gregory LLP