John J. Dresch
John is of counsel in the Litigation and Intellectual Property practices.
Leveraging more than two decades of patent and trademark prosecution experience, John focuses his practice on providing personalized and comprehensive intellectual property counseling to major corporations, emerging companies, and individual inventors in the U.S. and abroad. Clients seek John’s counsel for guidance in establishing, developing, and managing their patent and trademark portfolios. He is also a trusted adviser on issues related to patent infringement, patent validity, avoiding infringement, and patent valuation.
John is highly skilled in the preparation and prosecution of U.S. and foreign utility and design patent applications in the mechanical, electrical, and electro-mechanical fields. His work has involved domestic household appliances, solar energy systems, medical devices, electric motors, data transmission and storage, optical transmission and communication, computer hardware, displays, printers, semiconductor lasers, light emitting devices, and automotive components, among others.
John’s knowledge spans various aspects of intellectual property law, including appeals before the U.S. Patent Trial and Appeal Board and Trademark Trial and Appeal Board, reexamination, and reissue. Further, he has extensive experience conducting in-person interviews with USPTO examiners and supervisors.
John earned his J.D. from the University of New Hampshire Franklin Pierce School of Law. Prior to beginning his law practice, he received his B.S. in mechanical engineering from Lehigh University.
- University of New Hampshire Franklin Pierce School of Law, Juris Doctor
- Lehigh University, Bachelor of Science - Mechanical Engineering
- Commonwealth of Virginia
- District of Columbia
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
- District of Columbia Court of Appeals
- Supreme Court of the United States
- Supreme Court of Virginia
- United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
News & Insights
- NewsLaw360 Features AGG’s New Trio of Attorneys and Expansion of Intellectual Property and Entertainment Law CapabilitiesMarch 10, 2023 | In the News | Law360
- NewsArnall Golden Gregory Expands Intellectual Property and Entertainment Law Capabilities With Three New Attorneys in Atlanta and Washington, D.C.March 9, 2023 | News Releases | Arnall Golden Gregory LLP