AGG’s 2019 Annual Employment Law Seminar
2800 Cobb Galleria Parkway
Atlanta, Georgia 30339
Please join AGG’s Employment Practice on Tuesday, October 22, 2019 from 8 AM – 3 PM at the Cobb Energy Performing Arts Centre. Our attorneys — who have been recognized by Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business and Super Lawyers — will navigate you through today’s employment adventures.
8:45 AM to 10:15 AM – From Application to Termination, Part One: An Interactive Discussion
- Employees or Independent Contractors?
- Qualifying your Employees (or Contractors): Background Screening
- Documenting the Employment Relationship
- Benefits Pitfalls (with or without the ACA)
- Classifying and Paying your Employees Correctly
10:30 AM to 12:00 PM – From Application to Termination, Part Two: An Interactive Discussion
- Employment Policies and Handbooks
- Performance Management both Good and Bad
- Dealing with the Difficult Employee
- Effectively Terminating the Difficult Employee
- Managing Post-Employment Disputes
1:00 PM to 1:30 PM – Paying More? At Long Last, the New White Collar Exemptions
1:30 PM to 2:00 PM – Riding High? Marijuana and other Drugs in the Workplace
2:00 PM to 2:30 PM – Raids Coming? Immigration Update
2:30 PM to 3:00 PM – Firing the Squeaky Wheel? How to Deal with a Whistleblower
Registration and Location:
- Sign up early, as space is limited. Please click here to register by Tuesday, October 15.
- State Bar of Georgia CLE credit, Society for Human Resource Management HRCI recertification credit and CPE credit hours have been applied for.
- Complimentary breakfast and lunch will be provided.
- Edward P. Cadagin
- Theresa Y. Kananen
- Ashley Steiner Kelly
Partner and General Counsel
- Megan P. Mitchell
- Teri A. Simmons
- Henry M. Perlowski
- Jennifer L. Shelfer