False Claims Act Defense
Our False Claims Act Defense attorneys have decades of experience successfully defending government contractors, healthcare providers, pharmaceutical companies, and other companies in investigations and litigation alleging violations of the Anti-Kickback Statute and the False Claims Act, and Medicare and Medicaid fraud. We have successfully defended dozens of corporations, hospitals, and physicians against qui tam or whistle-blower claims, investigated and litigated by the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) in jurisdictions across the country.
We help our clients to protect themselves by strengthening their internal compliance programs. This includes incorporating a culture of compliance throughout the company, making reporting procedures readily accessible to employees, protecting privileged communications, and ensuring prompt investigation and, where necessary, prompt redress of legitimate employee reports. Our attorneys have extensive experience in developing and implementing specialized compliance programs for clients across a broad spectrum of industries.
AGG attorneys include former Assistant United States Attorneys, former U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) attorneys, and other former senior government attorneys.
- Anti-Kickback Statute
- Medicare & Medicaid Fraud
- Corporate Integrity Agreements
- Represented a national nursing home chain and obtained a favorable settlement in False Claims Act case alleging that two national nursing home chains and their principals conspired to solicit a $50 million kickback from a large national pharmaceutical supply company in exchange for continuing to provide pharmacy services to the homes.
- Represented a large public company in a $100+ million False Claims Act investigation related to contracts for the provision of goods to the U.S. Military, obtaining a favorable settlement after internal investigation and presentation to the government.
- Represented two large publicly traded nursing home companies in a Department of Justice investigation of reimbursements for therapy provided at nursing homes.
- Represented a major regional hospital in a nationwide Department of Justice investigation related to implantable cardiac defibrillators.
- Represented one of the largest specialty medical practices in the Southeast in an investigation by the U.S. Attorney’s Office alleging improper modifier 25 billing.
- Represented national pediatric care provider in joint state and federal False Claims Act investigation related to documentation of care provided and reverse false claims allegations.
- Represent a cardiology practice in a Department of Justice investigation related to the implantation of cardiac stents.
- Represented multiple hospices in False Claims Act investigation related to the eligibility of patients for hospice care.
News & Insights
- PublicationsHealth Providers Must Beware FCA Risks When Using AIMay 9, 2023 | Articles | Law360
- PublicationsSixth Circuit Affirms Dismissal of Anti-Kickback Statute-Based False Claims Act ComplaintApril 19, 2023 | Articles | Arnall Golden Gregory LLP
- NewsTenley Carp Quoted in the Business Journals Article on PPP Borrowers Facing Federal ScrutinyMarch 9, 2023 | In the News | The Business Journals
- Jason E. Bring
- Aaron M. Danzig
- Glenn P. Hendrix
- Sara M. Lord