Michelle G. Davis
Michelle is an associate in the Corporate & Finance and Technology practices and a member of the Entertainment & Sports industry team. She represents buyers and sellers of technology, helping them navigate cybersecurity considerations, as well as the legal, business, and practical issues arising during the development, commercialization, procurement, and deployment of technology.
Michelle’s practice is focused on the representation of domestic and international clients in transactions involving software development and licensing, digital transformations, complex global technology, and business process outsourcing. Michelle previously served as the primary contract negotiator for the University of Georgia’s technology and software procurement and has developed deep experience in the enterprise-level procurement of software, technology, and services in the public sector. Her experience includes negotiating terms related to learning management solutions, research applications, customer relationship management platforms, and a wide range of cloud technologies. Michelle is also versed in counseling leaders across organizations on cybersecurity, privacy, liability, and compliance with federal and state laws.
With enthusiasm for the intersection of law and technology, she utilizes her business-focused mindset to help her clients solve the challenges that arise in today’s digital era. Michelle takes care to cultivate close working relationships with her clients to develop a substantive understanding of their individual risk tolerance and formulate effective strategies unique to their needs. In order to best serve her clients, she dedicates herself to staying up to date with the latest disruptive innovations and was nationally recognized by the Grammy Foundation for her essay on using blockchains to track copyright ownership. Michelle also possesses a diverse background in the arts and spent several years working in the music business as a journalist and music publicist prior to entering the legal field.
- University of Georgia School of Law, Juris Doctor
- Atlanta IP Inn of Court
- Dean’s Ambassadors
- Journal of Intellectual Property Law, Senior Articles Editor
- Sports and Entertainment Law Society, President
- University of Georgia, Bachelor of Arts - Journalism
- State of Georgia
- AthFest Educates, Chair of Board of Directors
- Georgia Lawyers for the Arts
- State Bar of Georgia
- Tweed Recording Audio Production School, Business of Music Instructor
News & Insights
- EventsAGG and ABV Agency Hosted Art Law and Legal Trends EventMay 23, 2023 | AGG Seminars & Webinars | Atlanta, Georgia
- EventsAGG to Host GLA May Arts ClinicMay 17, 2023
- PublicationsMay the Force Majeure Be With You: Negotiating Force Majeure in a Live Performance ContractMay 16, 2023 | Articles | Arnall Golden Gregory LLP