Michael D. Golden
Michael is partner and co-leader of the Closely Held & Family Businesses practice. He is also a member of the Mergers & Acquisitions, Real Estate, and Logistics & Transportation practices.
Michael’s practice focuses on counseling clients, both publicly held and privately owned, in growing their businesses through mergers and acquisitions, strategic partnerships and joint ventures, and creative financing arrangements (including both equity and debt). Michael also represents companies in their employee matters such as negotiating executive employment agreements and non-competition agreements.
Michael’s clients cover a variety of industries, including business services, manufacturing and distribution, logistics and transportation, healthcare, and real estate.
Prior to joining AGG, Michael was a law clerk for Judge Ernest Tidwell, United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia.
Represented an interventional radiology practice in a sale to New York Stock Exchange listed company.
Represented a global freight forwarder in its acquisitions.
Represented an interstate trucking company in acquisition of regional refrigerated trucking company.
Represented an online company through multiple rounds of early stage formation.
Represented a specialty construction company in sale to private equity fund.
Represented distributor of specialized medical device computer cables in sale to private equity fund.
Represented a private equity fund in purchase of national-branded hotel located in Baltimore, Md.
Represented a private equity fund in sale of boutique hotel located in Washington DC.
Represented a real estate fund formation of multiple “blind pool” funds and in the acquisition and disposition of portfolio assets comprising of acquisitions.
Serving as general counsel to an innovation public company in the area of technology and life sciences, specializing in electrolyzed water production.
- Duke University School of Law, Juris Doctor
- University of Pennsylvania, Bachelor of Arts,with Honors
- State of Georgia – 1989
- Atlanta Urban Design Commission for the City of Atlanta, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Emory University Board of Visitors, Member
- Gwinnett Chamber of Commerce, Board Member
- Livingston Foundation, Trustee
- Piedmont Park Conservancy, Board of Trustees and Executive Committee Member
- South Tuxedo Park Civic Association, President
- Best Lawyers in America®, Closely Held Companies and Family Business Law, Corporate Law, 2018-23
- Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers, Corporate/M&A, 2020-22
- Georgia Super Lawyers, 2012-13
- AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings
- American Marshall Memorial Fellowship, 2002
- Outstanding Atlanta, 2000
- Leadership Atlanta, Class of 2000
News & Insights
- NewsMichael Golden Appointed to Atlanta Urban Design Commission for the City of AtlantaOctober 3, 2022 | In the News | Rankings & Recognition | Atlanta Urban Design Commission
- NewsAGG Attorney Recognition in The Best Lawyers in America® Increases by More Than 50 Percent in 2023 EditionAugust 18, 2022 | Rankings & Recognition | Arnall Golden Gregory LLP
- NewsMichael Golden Selected to Serve on the Emory University Board of VisitorsJune 21, 2022 | Rankings & Recognition | Emory University