Landen is an associate in the Healthcare and Litigation & Dispute Resolution practices and a member of the Hospitals & Health Systems industry team.
Landen has represented a range of clients on both the plaintiff and defense sides. He has experience in white-collar crime defense and government investigations involving antitrust issues and fraud allegations, specifically with a focus on healthcare fraud. He represents healthcare clients in matters related to litigation, government investigations, regulatory compliance, alternative dispute resolution, and administrative disputes. Landen defends providers in False Claims Act (whistleblower) cases and investigations nationally. On the plaintiff side, Landen represents healthcare providers against insurance companies on plan coverage, benefits, and reimbursement-related matters in complex multi-district litigation and class-action suits.
While earning his J.D. from the Washington and Lee University School of Law, Landen served as a judicial intern for the Honorable Jeffery W. Cavender in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Georgia and a judicial extern for the Honorable Joel R. Branscom in the 25th Judicial Circuit of Virginia. He also served as a summer associate for AGG, working on an array of litigation and transactional matters. Previously, he received his undergraduate degrees in political science and international affairs with a minor in German language and culture from the University of Georgia.
Landen bolsters his legal practice with a varied experience background, having previously worked in wildlife and land conservation and the commercial construction industry, as well as in politics as a campaign and office intern for a former member of the Georgia House of Representatives and candidate for the U.S. Senate. He is currently a member of the Anti-Defamation League, Southeast Jurisprudence Committee, and is an avid outdoorsman and conservationist.
- Washington and Lee University School of Law, Juris Doctor
- Student Bar Association, Class President
- University Student Advisory Panel
- Lewis Powell Lecture Board
- German Law Journal, Lead Articles Editor
- Environmental Law Society, Vice President
- National Environmental Law Moot Court Competition Team
- University of Georgia, Bachelor of Arts — Political Science, International Affairs,cum laude
- Presidential Leadership Scholarship Recipient
- State of Georgia
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- Court of Appeals of Georgia
- Anti-Defamation League, Southeast Jurisprudence Committee
- German ( Proficient )
News & Insights
- PublicationsCurbs on ERISA Class Action Litigation Could Impact Provider ReimbursementsMarch 29, 2023 | Articles | Arnall Golden Gregory LLP
- PublicationsThe Cost of Not Covering Proton Radiation TherapyMarch 29, 2023 | Articles | Arnall Golden Gregory LLP
- PublicationsGAO Report Recommends That CMS Expand Hospice Abuse Reporting RequirementsJanuary 18, 2023 | Articles | Arnall Golden Gregory LLP