Caroline C. Maxwell
Caroline is of counsel in the Litigation and Intellectual Property practices and a member of the Dietary Supplements team. Her practice focuses on intellectual property and complex commercial litigation, patent, copyright, and trademark disputes, as well as other civil litigation matters.
Caroline represents domestic and international clients in federal courts throughout the country, litigating patent, trademark, unfair competition, trade secrets, and copyright cases in District Courts and the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit. She also advises clients in licensing their intellectual property and managing their intellectual property portfolios. Caroline represents clients in matters involving dietary supplements, biotechnology, medical and surgical devices, pharmaceuticals, software, and computer hardware. She also prosecutes trademark applications for companies in the dietary supplement industry.
Represent dietary supplement company in patent, trademark, and copyright infringement and breach of license cases.
Represent the Welsh Government and a media company in copyright infringement case.
Represented beta-alanine dietary supplement patent owner in infringement case in which the defendant agreed to settle and exit the business.
Authored amicus briefs for biotechnology and natural products associations.
Defended airline in software patent infringement case.
Defended an electronic cigarette seller in multiple patent infringement cases.
Represented companies in patent false marking cases.
Represented medical device company in patent infringement case and Federal Circuit appeal.
Represented oxygenated wound dressing company in arbitration with its joint venture partner.
- Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, Juris Doctor,cum laude
- Symposium Editor, SMU Law Review Association
- Hatton W. Sumners Scholar
- Order of The Barristers
- Vanderbilt University, Bachelor of Arts,magna cum laude
- State of Texas
- United States Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- United States District Court, Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court, Southern District of Texas
- United States District Court, Western District of Texas
- Junior League of Dallas
News & Insights
- NewsArnall Golden Gregory LLP Significantly Expands its Intellectual Property and FDA Expertise as Firm Continues Strategic Growth of its Washington, D.C. OfficeDecember 9, 2019 | In the News | Metro Atlanta CEO
- NewsAGG Significantly Expands its Intellectual Property and FDA ExpertiseNovember 18, 2019 | News Releases