Bartow (Bo) B. Duncan III
Bo is a partner in the Real Estate practice and a member of the Retail, Industrial & Warehouse, and Office industry teams.
Bo has extensive experience in all facets of commercial real estate and his practice primarily supports clients involved in retail. His clients are involved with all areas of retail, including nationally recognized developers and tenants (including both franchisor and franchisee clients). As such, he has a great deal of experience representing both landlords and tenants in lease negotiations and buyers and sellers of real estate, including shopping centers. His experience includes representing clients on matters nationwide.
As part of his practice, Bo has experience representing nationally recognized franchisors and many franchisees. In addition to real estate matters, he advises clients on issues that sometimes arise between franchisors and franchisees.
Represented large, national retailer with the negotiation of approximately 130 leases (from 2011 to 2015)
Represents national retailer as primary outside counsel with real estate matters such as lease negotiation and property management matters
Represents regional and national developers with the acquisitions, disposition and leasing of real estate and property management issues
Serves as outside counsel for national restaurant retailer primarily with regard to the negotiation of leases and the acquisition of existing restaurants
Serves as preferred vendor for franchisee for national recognized child care concept
Serves as primary outside counsel to franchisor of health clubs with lease review and franchise rider negotiation
Serves as primary outside counsel to franchisor of restaurant retailer, including lease negotiation for corporate stores and lease review and franchise ride negotiations for franchise stores
Serves as primary outside real estate counsel for large regional developer, primarily operating in Mississippi, Texas, Tennessee, and Kentucky
- University of Georgia School of Law, Juris Doctor,cum laude
- Auburn University, Bachelor of Science in Finance
- State of Georgia – 2002
- Urban Land Institute, Member
- International Council of Shopping Centers, Member
- Pro Bono Partnership of Atlanta, Volunteer
- Dunwoody United Methodist Church, Member
- Dunwoody High School Women’s Lacrosse, Board Member
- “Rising Star,” Georgia Super Lawyers, 2011
News & Insights
- PublicationsHow Does a Foreclosure Affect a Retail Lease?August 8, 2017 | Alerts | Arnall Golden Gregory LLP
- PublicationsSNDA – What is It and Why is It Important?June 30, 2016 | Alerts | Arnall Golden Gregory LLP