Andrew J. Schutt
Andrew is a partner and chair of the Economic Development & Public Finance industry team.
Andrew focuses on representing fast-growing companies with complex issues including corporate formation and governance, mergers and acquisitions, outsourcing agreements, licensing transactions, private offerings, and venture capital investments. He has significant experience assisting companies in securing incentives and grants from various state agencies. Notably, he represents a top-tier Fortune 500 company with economic development transactions and compliance matters throughout the United States. He has represented both domestic and international clients across many industries including eCommerce and eBusiness, telecommunications, payment systems, pipeline, entertainment and sports, automotive manufacturing, medical technology, and business services. In addition, he assists U.S. companies in transactions with foreign companies and has represented companies based in Belgium, China, Germany, India, Italy, Korea, Japan, and Russia.
Andrew has nearly six years of in-house legal experience, having been placed as a contractor with the legal department of Firm clients in the pipeline, payment systems, and medical device industries, giving him a well-rounded view from both the law firm and company perspective. In this capacity, he has interacted frequently with company executives and business leaders.
Andrew, a former professional radio air personality, is happily married to his wife Wendi. They live in metro Atlanta and have five children and two dogs.
Counsel to a top-tier Fortune 500 company assisting with economic development transactions and incentives compliance matters throughout the United States.
Representing a public, global eBusiness in multiple incentives negotiations and bond-lease transactions in excess of $1 billion.
Closed a $46 million bond-for-title tax incentives transaction for an office equipment supplier, a Japanese-owned company based in Gwinnett County.
Represents a number of Development Authorities as bond counsel.
Represented an energy company in all aspects of the construction of its new corporate headquarters over an 18-month period, including the negotiation of development and construction agreements and all ancillary legal matters, through project completion.
Represented Ohio-based fiber-optic and local telephone company Horizon Telcom in its $220 million sale to Novacap.
Represented owner of telecommunications tower portfolio in its sale to national telecommunications services provider.
Represented India-based technology company, NIIT (USA) Inc., in its $110 million sale of Element K, an e-learning company, to SkillSoft, and its related strategic partnership with SkillSoft.
Represented NIIT in its joint venture and outsourcing transaction with Morris Technologies and in a strategic alliance/outsourcing transaction with Red Hat, Inc. the leader in open source software products.
Represented a pipeline company in the acquisition of petroleum products storage and distribution facilities.
- NIIT (USA) – New Education Program Trains Ontario, Canada Real Estate Brokers
- Hecate Energy LLC – AGG Helps Solar Project Developer Realize Maximum Tax Benefit
- OliverMcMillan – Strong Tenant Interest at Two Luxury Retail Developments
- Colonial Pipeline Company - AGG Facilitates Complicated Deal
- Benteler - AGG Team Assists German Company with $900 Million Manufacturing Project in Louisiana
- Fronius USA, LLC - AGG Negotiates $20 Million Incentive Package
- Geo L. Smith, II Georgia World Congress Center Authority - AGG Successfully Assists in Providing New Location for the College Football Hall of Fame
- Florida State University College of Law, Juris Doctor,magna cum laude
- Order of the Coif
- University of Florida, Bachelor of Science
- Pi Rho Sigma
- State of Georgia – 1996
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- Georgia Economic Developers Association
- Georgia Bar Association, Section of Entertainment and Sports
- IFLR1000, Corporate and M&A Law, 2020-22
News & Insights
- NewsThree AGG Practices, Six Attorneys Recognized in 2022 IFLR1000: The Guide to the World’s Leading Financial and Corporate Law FirmsSeptember 26, 2022 | News Releases | Rankings & Recognition | Arnall Golden Gregory LLP
- NewsAGG’s M&A, Finance, and Restructuring Practices and Six Lawyers Recognized in 2021 IFLR1000: The Guide to the World’s Leading Financial and Corporate Law FirmsNovember 1, 2021 | Rankings & Recognition | News Releases
- EventsTeri Simmons and Andrew Schutt To Present in “A Smart Guide to Business & Tax Incentives for European Companies” Webinar for the Belgian American Chamber of the SouthOctober 12, 2021 | Speaking Engagements