Tanner D. Ivie
Tanner is a partner in the Corporate & Finance practice and a member of the Mergers & Acquisitions, Private Equity, Corporate Finance & Securities Offerings, Corporate Governance, and Strategic Alliances & Joint Ventures practices.
Tanner’s practice focuses on counseling clients, both privately owned and publicly held, in various transactional matters, including mergers and acquisitions, strategic partnerships, joint ventures, commercial contracts, and corporate governance matters. In addition, Tanner represents private equity funds, real estate funds, and sponsors in connection with private offerings and syndications. Tanner also routinely represents investors (including institutional equity partners) and developers in connection with the formation and negotiation of real estate joint ventures.
Tanner graduated with honors from both Furman University, where he received a Bachelor of Arts in History and Political Science, and the University of Georgia School of Law. Prior to joining the firm, he served as a law clerk for the Honorable B. Avant Edenfield of the Southern District of Georgia in Savannah.
Represented the seller of a hospice and palliative care services provider in Georgia in a sale to one of the nation’s largest providers of diversified home and community-based health and pharmacy services.
Represents a private investment firm in connection with its acquisitions of and investments in manufacturing, distribution, and business services companies in the Southeastern United States.
Represented a boutique private investment firm focused on consumer-facing health, wellness, active lifestyle, and outdoor companies in the acquisition of a majority interest in a global manufacturer of training equipment, workout programs, and education courses.
Represented the sellers of a hospice and palliative care services provider in Georgia and South Carolina in a sale to a private investment firm.
Represented a leading multi-billion dollar private equity fund in numerous transactions in the hospitality sector.
- NIIT (USA) – New Education Program Trains Ontario, Canada Real Estate Brokers
- Belnick, Inc. – Recapitalization Helps Popular Online Retailer Continue on its Growth Path
- Healey Weatherholtz Properties – Equity Financing Negotiated in Award-Winning Turner Field Redevelopment
- iMedX – Private Equity-Backed Purchase a Milestone for Health Information Technology Company
- L&O Holding GmbH - German Holding Company Acquires Manufacturer in U.S.
- MedProperties Holdings, LLC - AGG Successfully Addresses Corporate and Healthcare Legal Issues
- University of Georgia School of Law, Juris Doctor,summa cum laude
- Order of the Coif
- Articles Editor, Georgia Law Review
- Furman University, Bachelor of Arts - History and Political Science,magna cum laude
- State of Georgia – 2011
- Association for Corporate Growth
- Best Lawyers in America®: Ones to Watch, Banking and Finance Law, Corporate Law, Mergers and Acquisitions Law, 2021-23
News & Insights
- NewsAGG Attorney Recognition in The Best Lawyers in America® Increases by More Than 50 Percent in 2023 EditionAugust 18, 2022 | Rankings & Recognition | Arnall Golden Gregory LLP
- NewsArnall Golden Gregory Attorneys Recognized in 2022 Best Lawyers in America GuidesAugust 19, 2021 | News Releases | Rankings & Recognition | Arnall Golden Gregory LLP
- NewsArnall Golden Gregory Attorneys Recognized in 2021 Best Lawyers in America GuidesAugust 20, 2020 | News Releases | Rankings & Recognition | Arnall Golden Gregory LLP