Matthias "Matt" Ohm
Matt is a German and U.S. lawyer, holding a U.S. Master of Laws (LL.M.) from the University of Georgia School of Law. He obtained both his German and his U.S. law license (NY) in 2015. In 2019, Matt was also sworn into the Georgia Bar.
Matt focuses his legal services on supporting foreign-owned business entities and individuals investing in the U.S. in the areas of immigration, corporate, and employment law. He supports companies’ global immigration needs through both U.S. immigration and non-immigration visa processing for businesses and families (temporary work visas and green cards). He has established himself as an esteemed member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association and has become a welcome speaker at various conferences.
Matt served as a board member of the Stonewall Bar Association of Georgia, Inc. (“Stonewall”) for many years and supports the organization. Stonewall is a professional association of attorneys, judges, law students, paralegals, and other legal professionals who support the rights of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people, and who oppose discrimination based on sexual orientation or gender identity. Matt also serves as the co-chair supporting the LGBTQ Professionals Subcommittee of AGG’s Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion Committee.
Matt is also the new chair of the Atlanta Sister Cities Commission after serving as the Atlanta-Nuremberg Sister Cities Commission chair for many years. The City of Atlanta fosters 17 sister-city relationships with communities across the globe. The Atlanta Sister Cities Commission has continued to expand its programming by promoting mutually beneficial cultural, educational, economic, and community development exchanges. Under Mayor Andre Dickens’ leadership, the Commission has positioned itself to enhance its efforts through increased marketing, a charitable foundation, and increased staff support from the Mayor’s Office of International Affairs.
- University of Georgia School of Law, Master of Laws
- University of Trier
- First German Bar Examination, J.D. Equivalent
- State of Georgia – 2019
- Country of Germany
- State of New York
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Argentine American Chamber of Commerce Southeast, Member
- Atlanta Sister Cities Commission, Chair
- Atlanta-Nuremberg Sister Cities Commission, Past Chair
- Stonewall Bar Association of Georgia, Inc., Board Member
- U.S. Global Leadership Coalition, Georgia Advisory Committee
- Landgericht Kaiserslautern, Volljurist/Second German Bar Examination in 2013
News & Insights
- EventsAnton Mertens and Matt Ohm to Speak at GA-AL AILA Chapter 2023 ConferenceMarch 17, 2023 | Speaking Engagements | Atlanta, Georgia
- EventsAGG Hosted Doing Business in the U.S. Program for Mannheim University MBA StudentsJanuary 30, 2023 | AGG Seminars & Webinars | Atlanta, Georgia
- NewsDaily Report Highlights AGG’s Involvement in Events Supporting the Stonewall Bar Association and Firm’s Women’s InitiativeNovember 14, 2022 | In the News | The Daily Report