Kara Gordon Silverman
Kara is a partner in the Healthcare practice and member of the Hospitals & Health Systems and Post-Acute & Long-Term Care industry teams. She represents healthcare clients in the litigation, government investigations, regulatory compliance, alternative dispute resolution, and administrative disputes. Kara also defends providers in False Claims Act (whistleblower) cases and investigations nationally and pursues administrative appeals on behalf of providers to recover and maximize reimbursement under the Medicare and Medicaid programs.
Prior to joining the firm, Kara interned for the Georgia Department of Community Health, Healthcare Facilities Regulation Division, and clerked for the Honorable Justice Carol W. Hunstein and the Honorable Wendy L. Shoob.
Obtained favorable rulings from state appellate courts enforcing nursing home arbitration agreements.
- Georgia State University College of Law, Juris Doctor,cum laude, Certificate in Healthcare
- President, Moot Court Executive Board
- Runner Up, 2014 Health Law Moot Court Competition
- University of Michigan, Bachelor of Arts, History and Spanish,cum laude
- State of Georgia – 2014
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia – 2014
- Supreme Court of Georgia – 2014
- Georgia Court of Appeals – 2014
- Atlanta Bar Association
- American Bar Associates
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Vice-Chair of Publications, Healthcare Litigation and Liability Practice Group, American Health Lawyers Association
- Best Lawyers in America®: Ones To Watch, Healthcare Law, 2021-23
News & Insights
- EventsKara Silverman and Alan Horowitz to Present at AHLA Long Term and Post-Acute Care ConferenceMarch 1, 2023 | Speaking Engagements | New Orleans, Louisiana
- PublicationsDoes “Objective Reasonableness” Matter? Supreme Court Poised to Address Scienter Standard Under the False Claims ActFebruary 22, 2023 | Articles | Arnall Golden Gregory LLP
- NewsAGG Announces Largest Partner Class in Firm HistoryJanuary 1, 2023 | News Releases | Arnall Golden Gregory LLP