Joel N. Gossner
Joel is a partner in the Corporate & Finance practice and a member of the Payments Systems and Life Sciences industry teams.
He represents private and public companies, funds, and individuals in a wide variety of business matters, including mergers, acquisitions and dispositions (including distressed transactions), debt and equity financings, joint ventures, corporate governance, and commercial agreements. He has significant experience representing buyers and sellers in middle-market M&A transactions.
Joel works with clients in the distribution, technology, payments, manufacturing, healthcare, pharmaceutical, medical device, and restaurant industries, among others. He counsels both established enterprises and early-stage companies.
While in law school, Joel interned with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, The Coca-Cola Company, and the Honorable Timothy C. Batten, Sr., United States District Judge for the Northern District of Georgia.
Represented one of the U.S.’s largest private companies in strategic merger and acquisition transactions, including advising its software business unit in its acquisition of a pharmacy management software company, and counseling its wholesale drug distribution business unit in its acquisitions of an independent pharmacy chain and a pharmaceutical distributor.
Represented a Fortune 500 company in strategic transactions throughout the U.S., including acquisitions in the e-commerce and distribution industries
Represented a closely held cleaning and sanitation products manufacturer in its sale to a Fortune 500 company
Represented a medical device start-up in its sale to a NYSE-listed purchaser
Represented an over-the-counter pharmaceutical company in its acquisition of a portfolio of commercial and pipeline products from a major pharmaceuticals company
Represented a manufacturer and packager of pharmaceuticals, over-the-counter drugs and dietary supplements in the negotiation of a supply agreement valued in excess of $100 million with a large, independent provider of over-the-counter products
Represented a restaurant chain owner/operator and a debtor-in-possession in a 363 sale to its “stalking horse” bidder
Represented early stage Internet-of-Things company in a Series Seed equity financing transaction and an early stage employee benefits company in a Series A financing transaction
- Emory University School of Law, Juris Doctor,with Honors
- Dean’s Awards for Outstanding Achievement in Contracts, Income Taxation, Trusts and Estates, and Constitutional Law
- Emory Bankruptcy Developments Journal, Managing Editor
- Tennessee Wesleyan College, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration in Accounting,summa cum laude
- Accounting Award
- Harry Russell Caldwell History Award
- Sigma Tau Delta International English Honor Society
- Rookie of the Year, Southeastern Lacrosse Conference, 2008
- State of Georgia
- Best Lawyers in America®: Ones To Watch, Banking and Finance Law, Corporate Law, 2021-23
News & Insights
- NewsArnall Golden Gregory’s 2023 Partner Class Featured in Daily ReportMay 30, 2023 | In the News | The Daily Report
- NewsAGG Announces Largest Partner Class in Firm HistoryJanuary 1, 2023 | News Releases | Arnall Golden Gregory LLP
- NewsAGG Attorney Recognition in The Best Lawyers in America® Increases by More Than 50 Percent in 2023 EditionAugust 18, 2022 | Rankings & Recognition | Arnall Golden Gregory LLP
- The Main Street Lending Program: Which Small and Mid-Sized Businesses Are Eligible?
- The Main Street Lending Program: Questions and Answers about the $600 Billion Lending Program for Small and Mid-Sized Businesses
- Despite Contrary Reports, Many PE and VC-Backed Companies May Be Eligible for Forgivable PPP Loans During the COVID-19 Crisis
- Questions and Answers Regarding the CARES Act PPP Loan