Barbara J. Rogers
Barb is an attorney in the Healthcare practice. She provides regulatory and transactional counseling to the healthcare and life sciences industries and provides regulatory guidance on corporate and healthcare antitrust matters, particularly involving Hart-Scott-Rodino notifications. She brings a unique perspective to healthcare clients through first-hand experience as a hospital administrator in both an academic medical center and teaching health system and a community-based health system. In her law practice, Barb advises all healthcare provider types, including hospitals and health systems, physician groups, ambulatory surgery centers, behavioral health facilities, assisted living facilities, nursing homes, and hospices. She provides guidance on federal and state issues relating to Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement and commercial payor issues, facility licensure, certificate of need, compliance, and assistance with a variety of healthcare transactions, including the Georgia Hospital Acquisition Act. Barb also represents providers before federal administrative agencies, such as the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services on reimbursement issues.
As a hospital administrator, Barb worked with hundreds of physicians and managed clinical and non-clinical staff across multiple facilities. She served on various committees including the hospital executive committee and hospital ethics committee.
While in law school, Barb was a Georgia Academy of Healthcare Attorneys (GAHA) Fellow, which offered a split appointment between the Georgia Hospital Association and Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta. She was a legal intern with the Georgia Medicaid Fraud Control Unit, clerked in a medical-malpractice litigation firm, and interned with AGG immediately following her first year of law school. Barb participated in the Georgia State University HeLP Clinic and successfully represented two children in their Social Security disability administrative appeals.
Barb has been a collaborating author on a Hospital Medicine abstract, guest-lectures for undergraduate and graduate-level health law courses, and regularly speaks at law student events.
Represented a publicly traded REIT in a $1.125 billion acquisition and restructuring of a senior housing provider that operates 96 senior-living communities as well as pharmacies in the Midwest.
Represented multiple long-term care hospitals and inpatient rehabilitation facilities in reimbursement appeals before the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid services, including Administrative Law Judge hearings at the Office of Medicare Hearings and Appeals.
Assisted multiple corporations on Hart-Scott-Rodino notification filings for international and national transactions.
Advised Griffin-American Healthcare REIT III, Inc. and NorthStar Healthcare Income, Inc. in their $1.125 billion joint-venture acquisition of controlling interest in Trilogy Investors LLC, the parent company of Trilogy Health Services LLC, a leading owner-operator of integrated senior healthcare campuses, operating approximately 100 properties comprised of more than 10,000 beds throughout Indiana, Ohio, Michigan and Kentucky.
- Georgia State University College of Law, Juris Doctor,cum laude
- Georgia State University College of Law, Health Law Certificate,with Honors
- Georgia State University, Master of Health Administration
- Georgia State University, Master of Business Administration
- Georgia State University, LEAN Six Sigma Green Belt Certification
- Florida State University, Bachelor of Science
- State of Georgia – 2015
- Georgia Court of Appeals – 2015
- Supreme Court of Georgia – 2015
- Georgia State University Alumni Association Board of Directors (2019)
- AHLA Leadership Development Program for the Academic Medical Centers and Teaching Hospitals
- American Health Lawyers Association
- American College of Healthcare Executives
- Georgia Association of Healthcare Executives, Board Member (2012)
- American Society of Law, Medicine and Ethics
- Georgia Bar Health Law Section’s Mentorship Advisory Board, Member
- Best Lawyers in America®: Ones To Watch, Healthcare Law, 2021-23
- Georgia State University 40 under 40, 2018
- Selected to join AHLA Leadership Development Program for the Academic Medical Centers and Teaching Hospitals, 2016
- Health Law Award for Outstanding Achievement in Health Law, given jointly by the Georgia Bar Association and Georgia State University Center for Law, Health and Society, 2015
- Pro Bono Service with High Distinction, 2015
- CALI Award: Basic Federal Taxation, 2014
- CALI Award: Legal Writing, 2013
- LEAD Atlanta, 2011
- Georgia Association of Healthcare Executives Student of the Year Award for Exceptional Leadership and Outstanding Contributions in Healthcare, 2008
- R.C. Williams, MD Honors Award for Outstanding Leadership in the Healthcare Profession through university, community, and work-related endeavors, 2008
News & Insights
- NewsAGG Attorney Recognition in The Best Lawyers in America® Increases by More Than 50 Percent in 2023 EditionAugust 18, 2022 | Rankings & Recognition | Arnall Golden Gregory LLP
- NewsArnall Golden Gregory Attorneys Recognized in 2022 Best Lawyers in America GuidesAugust 19, 2021 | News Releases | Rankings & Recognition | Arnall Golden Gregory LLP
- NewsArnall Golden Gregory Attorneys Recognized in 2021 Best Lawyers in America GuidesAugust 20, 2020 | News Releases | Rankings & Recognition | Arnall Golden Gregory LLP