Expansion to the US: Understanding Legal and Tax Considerations
2020 has been a year of tremendous change. One potentially positive change is a global shift to digital interaction, with the acceleration of eCommerce pulling down barriers to entry for some. For many organizations this trend may open doors to growth strategies that had not previously been considered.
Organizations gaining traction in the US market need to understand the legal and tax considerations of targeting growth within the largest economy in the world.
Join AGG partners Tenley A. Carp and Tycho H.E. Stahl from Arnall Golden Gregory LLP and Malcolm Joy and Mike Whitacre from Frazier & Deeter to learn about some of the unique aspects of doing business in the US, including:
- Inbound tax structuring, planning and setup
- Inversion planning – a Delaware “flip”
- Ongoing tax compliance and reporting including requirements for the “home” country parent
- State taxes, including sales tax
- Transfer pricing planning/global tax minimization
- Issuing stock options or other incentive compensation to USA employees
- Customer and distribution contracts / terms and conditions
- Organizational formalities / choice of entity
- Employment and Immigration Law
- Engaging with local Partners: Joint Ventures, incentives, M&A, distribution structures
- Strategies to mitigate U.S. market entry risk for the parent and its shareholders
- Product liability risk issues
- Special COVID-19 considerations
To learn more or to register for this event, please click here.
- Tenley A. Carp
- Tycho H.E. Stahl