Laura S. Dona
Laura is an associate in the Healthcare practice and a member of the Hospitals & Health Systems, Food & Drug, and Life Sciences industry teams.
Laura focuses her practice on a variety of compliance and transactional matters within the healthcare industry and works with healthcare facilities on De Novo licensure and change of ownership-related issues. As part of the Food & Drug and Life Sciences teams, Laura has handled several aspects of food and drug law, to include pre- and post-market promotion, device registration and listing, user fee compliance, and state-specific registration requirements.
While in law school, Laura was on the Executive Board of the University of Virginia’s Health Law Association and the Editorial Board of the Virginia Tax Review. Laura was a pro bono volunteer for healthcare-related issues at the Legal Aid Justice Center in Charlottesville, Virginia, in law school and following her graduation.
Following her first year of law school, Laura worked at the Federal Mine Safety and Health Review Commission for an Administrative Law Judge, where she advised on matters relating to the protection of miners’ rights to a safe working environment.
- University of Virginia School of Law, Juris Doctor
- University of Mississippi, Bachelor of Arts - Anthropology and Classics, Minor in Philosophy,magna cum laude
- Francis James Award for Excellence in Anthropology
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Phi Kappa Phi
- State of Georgia
- Best Lawyers in America®: Ones To Watch, Healthcare Law, 2023
News & Insights
- PublicationsThe NAD Steps Out and Issues a Rare Decision on Prescription Drug Product PromotionFebruary 9, 2023 | Articles | Alerts
- PublicationsThe Sun Will Come Up Tomorrow (or Will It)? FDA Issues Notification About Orphan Drug Exclusivity in Light of Recent Court DecisionFebruary 1, 2023 | Articles | Alerts | Arnall Golden Gregory LLP
- NewsLaura Dona Appointed to FDLI's New to Food and Drug Law Planning CommitteeJanuary 17, 2023 | Rankings & Recognition | FDLI - New to Food and Drug Law Committee