James R. Wiseman
James is an associate in the Healthcare practice.
A staunch advocate for his clients, James focuses his practice on healthcare litigation and protecting healthcare providers and policyholders who have been wrongfully denied payment for services.
Prior to joining AGG, James litigated False Claims Act cases. He also pursued whistleblower claims involving the Securities and Exchange Commission, the Commodity Futures Trading Commission, and the IRS concerning matters related to government contracts, anti-money laundering, sanctions, information technology, tax, and healthcare. Additionally, James is experienced in commercial disputes and tax controversies.
James graduated first in his class from Columbia Law School, where he was a staff editor of the Columbia Law Review. He also served as a judicial clerk for the Honorable Raymond J. Lohier at the United States Circuit Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit in New York.
James is a freestyle disc world champion and a former professional jazz drummer.
- Columbia Law School, Juris Doctor
- Columbia Law Review, Staff Editor
- Hamilton Fellow
- James Kent Scholar
- John Ordronaux Prize
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg Prize
- Columbia University, Bachelor of Arts — History, Slavic Studies,summa cum laude
- Albert Marion Elsberg Prize
- Dean’s List
- Departmental Honors in History
- Dobrou Slovo National Honors Society Inductee
- Foreign Language and Area Studies Scholar
- Junior Phi Beta Kappa Inductee
- State of New York
- *Not admitted in the District of Columbia. Supervised by a member of the District of Columbia Bar.
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- Freestyle Players Association, 501(c)(3), Former Education Director/Board Member
News & Insights
- NewsAGG Continues Growth in Atlanta and D.C. Offices With Addition of Four Attorneys in Key Practice AreasMay 1, 2023 | News Releases | Arnall Golden Gregory LLP