The Department of Health & Human Services (HHS) announced funding opportunities for (1) CHOW buyers that closed a transaction in 2019 or 2020 and (2) any provider that missed the June 3, 2020 deadline to apply for additional funding equal to 2 percent of their total patient care revenue from the $20 billion portion of the $50 billion Phase 1 General Distribution, as described in recent articles. As of August 10, 2020, these providers may now submit applications for funding here. In order to be eligible for the funding, an application must be submitted by August 28, 2020. In its press release related to the application opening, HHS summarized eligibility as follows:
Latest Eligible Providers for Phase 2 General Distribution Funding
- Providers who were ineligible for the Phase 1 General Distribution because:
- They underwent a change in ownership in calendar year 2019 or 2020 under Medicare Part A; and
- Did not have Medicare Fee-For-Service revenue in 2019.
- Providers who received a payment under Phase 1 General Distribution but:
- Missed the June 3, 2020 deadline to submit revenue information – including many Medicaid, CHIP, and dental providers with low Medicare revenues that assumed they were ineligible for additional distribution targeted at Medicare providers or had planned to apply for a Medicaid and CHIP specific distribution; or
- Did not receive Phase 1 General Distribution payments totaling approximately 2 percent of their annual patient revenue.
- Providers who previously received Phase 1 General Distribution payment(s), but rejected and returned the funds and are now interested in reapplying.
HHS will be hosting a series of informational webinars to address questions and support providers through the application process. The next provider and provider organization webinar will be held on Thursday, August 13, 2020, at 3 PM EDT. Registration for the webinar can be completed here.
For more information, please contact Hedy S. Rubinger or Alexander B. Foster.