Rebecca Davis, AGG Litigation and Environmental partner, authored an article published by Directors & Boards on December 18, 2023, discussing the growing importance of ESG (Environmental, Social, and Governance) as a means of risk management and value proposition for companies operating in today’s fluid landscape.
As younger generations, namely millennials and Gen Z, become prominent consumers and investors, changing dynamics and buying behavior will continue to apply pressure to implement ESG initiatives into the future. With this demographic driving force, certain trends are emerging that strongly suggest ESG is here to stay.
As public companies look toward implementing ESG-focused strategies, Rebecca shares a number of considerations, including:
- Gen Z consumers’ preference for socially responsible and eco-friendly businesses
- The growth of ESG investment funds as Millennial and Gen Z investors enter the market
- The internal and external ESG pressures mandating that companies change their purpose
- The rise of pro- and anti-ESG regulations in the United States and European Union changing how companies operate
- New SEC rules to curtail “greenwashing” and increase ESG-related disclosure requirements
To read the full article, please click here.