Senior living trade associations are asking private-pay assisted living/memory care providers to submit data for a possible CARES Act disbursement. The associations, which include the American Seniors Housing Association (ASHA), Argentum, American Health Care Association (AHCA)/National Center for Assisted Living (NCAL), and LeadingAge, request that providers submit the information by August 3, 2020 at 5:00pm ET. Once collected, the associations will submit the data to the Department of Health & HumanServices. Stand-alone ALFs or those that are a part of a continuing care retirement community (including those providers that do not have a membership with the trade associations listed above) are encouraged to participate.
The associations have made the portal available at https://www.hhsproviderfund.org/, which requests the following information:
- Name of licensed/registered/certified assisted living and/or memory care community
- Name of entity that holds the license/registration/certification
- Community license/registration/certification number (some states may not provide a number)
- Corresponding Tax Identification Number (TIN)
- Taxpayer ID Number for the filing company
- Contact information for the person submitting data
The associations have clarified that there is no guarantee that a distribution will be made to private-pay assisted living/memory care providers, but the provision of information in the portal is a critical first step in moving towards such a disbursement.
For more information, please contact Hedy S. Rubinger or Alexander B. Foster.