Today, the Department of Health & Human Services (HHS) extended the application deadline for the Medicaid tranche of Provider Relief Funds. The deadline, which was July 20, 2020, has been extended to Monday, August 3, 2020. Qualified providers should apply as soon as possible. Unlike previous relief funds, this tranche of funding is not automatic. The application portal, form, and related terms and conditions can be found here.
As a reminder, providers must meet the following criteria in order to be considered for this funding:
- must not have received payment from the initial $50 billion General Distribution; and
- must have directly billed Medicaid or CHIP for healthcare-related services during the period of January 1, 2018, to December 31, 2019, or (ii) own (on the application date) an included subsidiary that has billed Medicaid or CHIP for healthcare-related services during the period of January 1, 2018, to December 31, 2019; and
- must have either (i) filed a federal income tax return for fiscal years 2017, 2018 or 2019 or (ii) be an entity exempt from the requirement to file a federal income tax return and have no beneficial owner that is required to file a federal income tax return. (e.g. a state-owned hospital or healthcare clinic); and
- must have provided patient care after January 31, 2020; and
- must not have permanently ceased providing patient care directly, or indirectly through included subsidiaries; and
- if the applicant is an individual, have gross receipts or sales from providing patient care
- reported on Form 1040, Schedule C, Line 1, excluding income reported on a W-2 as a (statutory) employee.
For more information, please contact Hedy S. Rubinger or Alexander B. Foster.