Marcus J. Jackson
Marcus is an associate in the Corporate & Finance practice.
Marcus is well-versed in representing corporations, private equity firms, and sellers to structure, negotiate, and close transactions across a wide range of industries, including manufacturing, financial services, consumer products, food and beverage, franchising, healthcare, and technology. He is also a certified privacy professional.
Before joining AGG, Marcus practiced at other Atlanta-based and international law firms, where his clientele included a variety of high-profile clients, including award-winning creatives, recording artists, and athletes. Additionally, he has counseled international and individual clients on a range of issues, such as crisis management, business disputes, mergers and acquisitions, corporate formation, and financing.
While earning his J.D. from Emory University School of Law, Marcus also received a certificate in transactional law and served as a member of the Emory Corporate Governance and Accountability Review. He graduated with his B.S. from the University of Tennessee, where he played for the University of Tennessee football team and was honored as an All-American and All-SEC athlete.
Marcus played football professionally for the Detroit Lions and now spends time mentoring disenfranchised youth at the Atlanta Mission, the city’s largest and longest-running provider of services to homeless men, women, and children.
- Emory University School of Law, Juris Doctor
- Emory Corporate Governance and Accountability Review
- Transactional Law Certificate
- University of Tennessee, Bachelor of Science
- Three-Time Vol Scholar
- All-American and All-SEC Athlete
- State of Georgia
- State Bar of Georgia
News & Insights
- NewsAGG Ends 2022 Strong With Addition of 25 Legal Professionals Across Six Practices in Highly Competitive Atlanta and Washington, D.C. MarketsDecember 27, 2022 | News Releases | Arnall Golden Gregory LLP