The leading rankings service Best Lawyers® has named Arnall Golden Gregory partners Jay I. Solomon and Robert L. Rothman Lawyers of the Year for Atlanta in their respective practice areas.
Mr. Solomon was named the 2016 Immigration Law Lawyer of the Year and Mr. Rothman was named the Litigation – First Amendment Lawyer of the Year.
Best Lawyers chooses just one lawyer in each practice area in each community as Lawyer of the Year.
In all, 34 Arnall Golden Gregory lawyers are ranked, including two who are new to the prestigious list this year: H. Carol Saul, Healthcare Law, and Robert F. Dow, Corporate Law.
Mr. Solomon has been practicing law for more than 40 years and is a founding member of the national consortium of immigration law firms known as IMMLAW. He is former president of the Georgia/Alabama Chapter of the American Immigration Lawyers Association and frequently speaks on immigration matters.
Mr. Rothman, a former journalist, has represented media companies, including Meredith Corporation, Fox News, Tribune Company and others, and is legal counsel to the Atlanta Press Club. He also won Litigation – First Amendment Lawyer of the Year for Atlanta in 2013.
Mr. Rothman is ranked in Commercial Litigation, too. He has substantial experiencing representing clients in complex litigation in state and federal courts as well as in arbitration and mediation.
Last year, Best Lawyers named Arnall Golden Gregory Managing Partner Glenn P. Hendrix the Healthcare Lawyer of the Year for Atlanta. Previously, Bertram L. Levy, Trusts and Estates; William H. Kitchens, Biotechnology; Steven A. Pepper, Real Estate; and Cleburne E. III “Greg” Gregory, Tax, received Lawyer of the Year recognition.
Other Arnall Golden Gregory attorneys ranked by Best Lawyers are:
• R. Michael Barry, Healthcare
• Jason E. Bring, Healthcare
• Jennifer D. Burgar, Healthcare
• Henry R. Chalmers, Commercial Litigation – Electronic Discovery
• Aaron M. Danzig, Criminal Defense: White Collar
• Stephen M. Dorvee, Litigation – Intellectual Property, Trademark Law
• Scott A. Fisher, Real Estate
• Kevin B. Getzendanner, Commercial Litigation
• Jonathan Golden, Corporate Law — Corporate Finance, Mergers & Acquisitions, Mergers and Acquisitions Law — Private Equity, Transactions
• John L. Gornall Jr., Economic Development
• Donald I. Hackney Jr. , Corporate Law
• Allen I. Hirsch, Commercial Litigation — Alternative Dispute Resolution, Antitrust, Appellate, Civil Litigation, Commercial Disputes, Complex Litigation
• Jack K. Holland, Trusts and Estates
• Alan C. Horowitz, Healthcare
• Suzanne T. Plybon, Trusts and Estates
• Hedy S. Rubinger, Elder Law, Healthcare
• Abe J. Schear, Real Estate
• Teri A. Simmons, Immigration Law — Business, Consular, Director and Officer Liability, Employer Sanctions, Employment, Entrepreneurial, Family Based, Individual Taxation, International, Labor
• Philip G. Skinner, Real Estate
• John C. Spinrad, Environmental Law — Clean Water Act, Counseling, Enforcement Defense, Environmental Permitting, Litigation, RCRA/Hazardous Waste, Superfunds/Environmental Remediation, Waste, Litigation – Environmental
• Scott E. Taylor, Litigation — Intellectual Property
• J. Grant Wilmer Jr., Real Estate
Best Lawyers is the oldest and most respected peer-review publication in the legal profession, and recognition is considered a significant honor by both clients and lawyers.
About Arnall Golden Gregory LLP
Arnall Golden Gregory, with more than 150 attorneys in Atlanta and Washington, DC, employs a “business sensibility” approach, developing a deep understanding of each client’s situation in order to find a customized, cost-sensitive solution. A past honoree on The National Law Journal’s prestigious Midsize Hot List, the firm advises on corporate, litigation, regulatory and immigration matters for numerous industries, including real estate, business services, healthcare, life sciences, logistics and transportation, franchising, information services, energy, and manufacturing. AGG is a solutions partner that subscribes to the belief “not if, but how.”