Arnall Golden Gregory’s Litigation Practice Group and Government Investigations and Special Matters Practice Team invite you to attend the October Litigation Breakfast Series, “What to Do When The Government Knocks On Your Door.” This complimentary event will be held on Wednesday, October 17, 2012 from 7:30 am – 9:00 am at the offices of AGG.
In today’s atmosphere of enhanced regulatory scrutiny and increased investigations by various departments/agencies of the government (both federal and state), it is important for companies to understand what happens when the company, or certain employees, are visited by government agent as part of an investigation. The visit may be to serve a subpoena, execute a search warrant, or conduct an interview. What rights does the company have? What rights do the employees have? What are some of the best practices for dealing with these situations? AGG Partners Aaron M. Danzig and Sara M. Lord will discuss the following key topics during the one hour presentation:
7:30 am – 8:00 am: Breakfast and Networking
8:00 am – 9:00 am: Presentation
- Who are the enforcers: DOJ, OIG-HHS, SEC, FBI, etc.
- How do investigations start: Competitor complaints, whistleblowers, etc.
Government Investigative Techniques
- Search warrants
- Interviews: “Knock and talk”
The Government Knocks
- How to respond to a Search Warrant
- How to respond to a Subpoena
- How to respond to a “Knock and talk”
What to do After the Government Leaves
- Contact superior/executive/company counsel
- Document hold and privilege issues. Return of documents.
- Internal investigation
- Open communication with prosecutor
State Bar of Georgia CLE credit has been applied for. Complimentary breakfast will be served.