The attorneys of Arnall Golden Gregory’s International Business Practice invite you to attend a complimentary, 60-minute webinar “What Irish and Northern Irish Companies Need to Know Now: Doing Business in the U.S.” The webinar will be held Thursday, June 30, 2016 at 10:00 am EDT (3:00 pm Dublin/Belfast).
The United States is an attractive, and expanding, market for Irish and Northern Irish goods and services. Despite suggestions to the contrary, the U.S. can be an easy market for business expansion—with a little bit of planning. This webinar will examine key legal issues for doing business in the U.S., including:
- Protecting the Irish and Northern Irish parent company, its investors, and capital from U.S. legal risk;
- Avoiding branch profits tax issues;
- Reducing payment risk by ensuring prompt payment from customers, and other U.S. contract essentials;
- The product liability risks that may attach to selling in the U.S. market;
- Navigating which jurisdiction’s laws govern the sale of Irish and Northern Irish-origin products in the U.S. market; and
- Intellectual property protections.
Register now to hear AGG Partner Michael E. Burke discuss a business sensible, proactive approach to doing business in the U.S. while minimizing risk to the Irish and Northern Irish parent company and its investors.
About the Presenter
Mr. Burke has an AV Preeminent™ Rating from Martindale-Hubbell, and has been named a Washington, DC Super Lawyer by Thomson Reuters since 2015. He also is a former chair of the American Bar Association Section of International Law, was named in 2014 by Business & Finance Magazine/IrelandInc.as one of the 100 Global Irish Business Leaders, and has been named three times to the Irish Legal 100.