Please join AGG for an intellectual property breakfast seminar on Thursday, November 17, 2011. Our team of intellectual property attorneys will present a program entitled: “Reap What You Sow: Growing the Value of Your Brand.” The seminar will focus upon the creation, registration, protection and enforcement of trademarks at every stage of your business.
Attendees will receive a copy of AGG’s Intellectual Property Handbook: A Practical Guide for Business. The handbook is written for in-house counsel, business owners, and others who are responsible for managing intellectual property assets. The handbook contains detailed information on the law applicable to copyrights, trademarks, patents, and trade secrets, as well as an appendix with form documents and agreements.
Complimentary breakfast will be served.
- 7:30 – 8:00 a.m. – Breakfast / Networking
- 8:00 – 9:20 a.m. – Presentation
- 9:20 – 9:30 a.m. – Closing Remarks / Distribution of the Intellectual Property Handbook
Stage 1 – Sowing the Seeds of Success
- Trademark Selection – Choose a mark that you can protect and that will stand out
- Trademark Clearance – Avoid infringing the rights of others
- Developing Simple Procedures to Protect Your Trademarks
- Prioritizing Trademark Filings on a Budget – How to protect what matters most
Stage 2 – Cultivating Your Brand and Plowing New Fields
- Trademark Registration – Navigating the Process of Registering Your Marks at home and abroad
- Proper use and maintenance of trademarks
- Product packaging and trademark concerns
Stage 3 – Bearing Fruit and Continued Growth
- Trademark considerations in advertising and marketing your brand
- Trademarks on the Internet
Stage 4 – Harvesting Goodwill
- Trademark Enforcement and Counterfeiting
- Licensing and Selling Your Trademarks