The attorneys of Arnall Golden Gregory’s Litigation Practice Group and International Business Practice Team invite you to attend a complimentary Litigation Series webinar on Wednesday, February 20, 2013 from 10:30 – 11:30 am EST. Partners Glenn P. Hendrix and Andrew B. Flake will discuss the following key topics during the one hour presentation:
- What Unique Aspects of the U.S. Judicial System Must Foreign Companies Doing Business Here Understand?
- The jury system and common law versus civil law
- How U.S. courts decide when to exercise jurisdiction over foreign companies
- When do U.S. courts hold parent companies liable for subsidiary or affiliate activity
- How Can A Foreign Company Best Protect Itself Against U.S. Litigation Risks?
- How to do business here but have disputes heard elsewhere
- The most important contract terms to guard the foreign parent
- Using corporate structure and best business practices to minimize foreign company liability
- When Should A Foreign Company Consider Litigating In A U.S. Court?
- Myths versus realities of U.S. litigation
- Managing the discovery / investigation process for foreign affiliates
- What type of dispute is optimal for a U.S. forum
Approved for 1 hour of State Bar of Georgia CLE credit.
This link will be active until May 20, 2013.