At the October IMA meeting, AGG partner Warren E. Kingsley and counsel Douglas A. Smith will discuss Health Care Reform and its impact on your business and clients. The 60-minute presentation will cover the following key topics:
- The individual mandate, Medicaid expansion, and the state-based health insurance exchanges.
- Applicable large employers subject to the employer (“pay or play”) mandate—what is the threshold, which employees are taken into account, and what are the consequences.
- The pay or play penalties—general rules, application and calculation of the penalties, and “determination of full-time” employees taken into account.
- Employer compliance—affordability/minimum value, premium setting strategies, and managing health care costs.
- Reporting and disclosure obligations.
- Other impending Affordable Care Act requirements