The attorneys of Arnall Golden Gregory LLP’s Government Contracts and Government Investigation and Special Matters Practices invite you to attend a complimentary one-hour webinar, “Hot Topics in Government Contracts” on October 16, 2014.
Government contractors face increased prosecution risk in three principal areas: Mandatory Disclosure, Antitrust and False Claims. Join AGG’s Washington, DC attorneys as they discuss updates and potential concerns in each of those areas, focusing on:
The Mandatory Disclosure Rule (MDR)
- When are disclosures required?
- Exceptions to the MDR
- What constitutes credible evidence?
- What constitutes timely disclosure?
- Who is a Principal?
- Balancing timely disclosure with a thorough internal investigation
- Justice Department aggressiveness in pursuing bid rigging and price fixing against government contractors, leading to prison terms of up to 14 years
The False Claims Act (FCA)
- Recent amendments and cases that have expanded the scope of liability under the FCA
- The expanding pool of potential whistleblowers and the increasing number of qui tams that have been filed
- Greater government demands for damages and fines
Register Now to hear AGG’s partners Tenley A. Carp, Jeffrey S. Jacobovitz and Sara M. Lord share advice on the best possible responses to a government investigation and how to proactively limit company exposure.