Michael E. Burke helped present a webinar titled “Have the Official FCPA Guidelines Changed Your Business Plans?” which was held on Tuesday, January 8, 2013 from 11:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. CT. The 130-page document titled A Resource Guide to the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act does not offer any new interpretation of the Act; it does however state how U.S. law enforcement agencies assess corporate behavior. But, there are still many questions. This webinar discussed what this document means from accounting and legal perspectives, including topics such as:
- Identifying what the official FCPA guidance says
- Indicating policies and procedures from an accounting perspective
- Defining what the guidance means from a legal perspective
- Recognizing what key issues of the guidance are likely to impact your business
Featured Speakers included:
- Bill Olsen, Principal, Global Investigation and Anti-Corruption services leader for Grant Thornton LLP. Bill authored The Anti-Corruption Handbook and was named a Top 25 Consultant by Consulting Magazine in 2012.
- Michael Burke, Partner, Corporate Practice of Arnall Golden Gregory LLP. Mike’s practice focuses on FCPA and export control compliance, and he is a past chair of the American Bar Association’s Section of International Law. He also is an editor and co-author of the Corporate Counsel’s Guide to Doing Business in China, 3d ed.