The Consumer Data Industry Association presents a teleseminar on March 21st at 2pm EDT, featuring Partner Robert R. Belair and Of Counsel David A. Felt of Arnall Golden Gregory LLP, who recently dissected the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau’s examination manual to provide those covered under the larger participant rule/consumer reporting and debt collection agencies with an incisive analysis of what the Bureau is focusing on in its examination process. The teleseminar will be moderated by Stuart Pratt, President and CEO of CDIA. A live Q&A will follow.
Whether you fall under the larger participant rule or under the scope of enforcement action/examination by being a service provider to Consumer Financial Protection Bureau-supervised entities (such as large banks or non-bank entities), you can’t afford to miss this opportunity. In fact, any financial institution and/or third-party service provider looking to develop or strengthen its own compliance-management program will want to attend.
This teleseminar will:
- Define the applicability/scope of the larger participant rule.
- Analyze the exam procedures for consumer reporting and debt collection and show where these procedures overlap.
- Discuss the various federal consumer financial laws which examiners will assess for potential violations such as FCRA, UDAAP, as well as GLBA, FDCPA, EFTA and ECOA.
- Discuss the obligations and responsibilities your institution may have as a third-party service provider.
- Review and highlight a list of company-specific documents, such as policies and procedures, board minutes, annual reports, complaint-handling processes and job-specific training programs.
- Provide analysis and explanation of the most recent examination-related regulations and policy statements from the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
Duration: 75 minutes
Date: March 21st @ 2:00 pm EDT (1pm CDT; 12pm MDT; 11am PDT)
Rebroadcast Event: April 15th @ 2:00 pm EDT (1pm CDT; 12pm MDT; 11am PDT)
Anytime: If you can’t join us for this live event, you may register for the audio version of this event. The audio mp3 file as well as the handout material will be emailed to you 48 hours after the program.
- Use coupon code AGG to receive $30.00 off
- $135 per phone line – CDIA Members
- $205 per phone line – Non-Members/Financial Institutions
- $0 per phone line – CDIA’s 2013 Teleseminar Package Subscribers
Please note that you will be asked to login to register for this event. If you need any assistance with your CDIA login or have any further questions about this event, please contact Anita Popwell at (202) 408 7408 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.