The Internet has created an entirely new legal dynamic as well as a new social and business one. From advertising to intellectual property to privacy and e-commerce, the online environment has generated novel legal issues and challenges. By being counsel to growth companies that saw the power of the Internet early and either started new eBusinesses or incorporated its power into its traditional business model, Arnall Golden Gregory has combined our knowledge gained through these exciting times with our more than 60 years of diverse experience to provide unique approaches to our clients in this area. Areas of significant relevance at this time include:
- Structuring and negotiating agreements of all types, including partnering, distribution, licensing, content, technology, etc.
- Understanding online privacy regulation, including protecting the privacy of Internet users and reviewing Internet privacy policies.
- Ensuring web advertising compliance, including web, email and print marketing and promotions that are receiving increased scrutiny by regulators and the public.
- Recognizing the risks of data management, including preventing and, when necessary, responding to data breaches and resolving conflicting state or international regulations.
- Advising on new media and multimedia issues, including the use, distribution and protection of songs, photos, art, merchandise and endorsements.
- Focusing on cutting-edge online intellectual property Issues, including developing and protecting intellectual property assets crucial to your companies success. Whether developing and licensing software on the Internet, branding (or co-branding) their products and services, and otherwise structuring and enhancing the value of their IP portfolio, we emphasize intellectual asset management of trademarks, copyrights, patents and trade secrets.