“Providing legal services of the highest quality requires the greatest possible breadth of background, perspective, orientation and experience. Building on the progressive and pioneering values that led to our founding, AGG is committed to promoting a culture of diversity and inclusion that embraces the differences and similarities among all people.”
AGG is highly committed to its mission of fostering diversity in our workplace, in our relationships with clients, in our profession, and in our community. We seek to fulfill this mission by:
- Listening and responding to our clients’ needs for diverse perspectives and talents;
- Fostering a working environment of fairness and mutual respect;
- Attracting, retaining and developing talent that is representative of the growing diversity of our clients, their businesses and our communities;
- Being a leader in community initiatives, which recognize the importance of diversity and inclusion; and
- Driving change in the legal profession.
AGG's Diversity Committee works regularly to develop effective programs and best practices for promoting and supporting diversity within the firm. The Committee works with the firm’s Executive Committee to ensure our diversity goals are incorporated into the firm’s strategic initiatives. The Committee consists of the following AGG attorneys and directors:
“PROMOTING A CULTURE OF DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION…”
- Steve Pepper, Partner, Real Estate; Executive Committee Member; Diversity Committee Co-chair
- Montserrat C. Miller, Partner, Privacy and Immigration; Diversity Committee Co-chair
- Anuj Desai, Associate, Intellectual Property and Technology; Diversity Committee Co-chair
- Linda Boatwright, Legal Assistant, Real Estate
- Althea J. K. Broughton, Partner, Real Estate
- E. Terrell Gilbert Jr., Associate, Corporate
- Bob Greenage, Director, Human Resources
- Ian R.D. Labitue, Associate, Real Estate
- David J. Marmins, Partner, Litigation
- Heather Smith Michael, Partner, Litigation
- Anita E.J.Ninan, Associate, International Business
- Kim Phan, Associate, Privacy
- Mindy S. Planer, Partner, Real Estate
- Charlotte Rigby, Recruiting Coordinator
- Scott Shuman, Partner, Real Estate
- Teri Simmons, Partner, International and Immigration
- Frank White, Partner, Litigation and Bankruptcy
AGG demonstrates its commitment to promoting a culture of diversity by providing unique programs and events supporting individuals within the firm, in the community, and beyond. Please visit our Programs, Events, Women's Initiative, and EEO Policy pages for more details. “RESPONDING TO OUR CLIENTS' NEEDS FOR DIVERSE PERSPECTIVES & TALENTS”
AGG believes that our clients' successes are built on a foundation of collaboration and diverse perspectives. Our firm is dedicated to fostering a work environment where individuals are valued for their unique skill sets and diverse perspectives. This environment enables our teams to best serve our clients and our community. “ATTRACTING, RETAINING AND DEVELOPING TALENT…”
AGG closely aligns its diversity initiatives with its recruiting efforts. Increasing diversity within the firm and actively seeking minority candidates are very important aspects of our recruitment efforts. AGG participates in the Southeastern Minority Job Fair and is a member of various organizations such as the Atlanta Large Law Firm Diversity Alliance.
Currently, minorities and women represent approximately 25 percent of the firm’s total attorneys. AGG and the Diversity Committee work to ensure the retention and development of AGG's diverse talent through unique and personalized professional development programs. We are firmly committed to the long-term success of our diverse talent.
“BEING A LEADER IN COMMUNITY INITIATIVES…”
AGG is a leader in its Community and actively participates in a number of diversity projects and organizations within the city of Atlanta, the state of Georgia and beyond. Please visit our Community page for more details.
“DRIVING CHANGE IN THE LEGAL PROFESSION”
AGG is a charter founding member of the Atlanta Large Law Firm Diversity Alliance, a group of 11 law firms, which, working in partnership with the American Institute for Managing Diversity, developed a curriculum to train law firm practice group managers and other law firm leadership on how to manage and improve diversity in their firms.
AGG is also an active member of the State Bar of Georgia’s State Bar Diversity Program, and its attorneys serve in leadership roles. The firm hosted a luncheon and mentoring session for the State Bar Diversity Program’s Pipeline Project for minority high school students who have an interest in pursuing a legal education.